Iron? How to dose?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sasa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya

I've been running Trition since February, usually with 6-8 weeks between every ICP test.

I am correcting for everything based on Trition recommendation, however one thing I do not understand:
Iron overall is considered as a very useful thing in the water, promoting green colors at SPS, healthy algae growth, etc...

I just checked ALL my trition measurements and it is every time 0 µg/l - but Trition NEVER ever proposed to dose iron. Moreover the setpoint is put to 0.1 µg/l what is basically 0. Still there is an FE addative available at Trition.

When should I dose FE? It is necessary at all?What is Trition's standpoint on that?

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone will pipe in with the actual numbers, but I think the problem is that while Iron is important, by the time it shows up on a Triton or Hobby Test Kit, it's already too high. It's difficult to measure. There is also quite a bit of variability to how much Iron is required. Red Sea seems to quote Iron higher than recommended, and I think the DSR reefing runs Iron even higher. You'll find some threads on Iron in the chemistry forums.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose drs fe .. its recomended 0.5 ml for Every 100l or 25g with a max of 1.5 per day ..

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back