Is 2.25 ppm copper power too much?

CoralChaos

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
400
Reaction score
233
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I got a 40gallon qt that’s measuring at 2.25ppm copper (dosed copper power and checked with Hanna). I just started the 30 day countdown yesterday as I plan on keeping them in copper for at least 30 days to kill off the ich. Is 2.25 too much? Should I be worried about keeping them in 2.25 for 30 days?
 
It’s recommended from Copper power to use its product at 2.5. So 2.25 is in between where I keep mine at 2.0 and 2.5. I think you’ll be ok as copper power isn’t as harsh as other copper treatments.
 
It’s recommended from Copper power to use its product at 2.5. So 2.25 is in between where I keep mine at 2.0 and 2.5. I think you’ll be ok as copper power isn’t as harsh as other copper treatments.
That’s great to hear thanks a lot, only thing I was worried about is that I have 2 fairy wrasses, a radiant wrasse, and a leopard wrasse in qt so I didn’t want it to be too harsh on them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new