Is it ever possible to stop tissue recession?

monicalooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a cynarina to my tank in mid-December. It was a little damaged from the mail...missing some flesh on a couple points. I stuck it in the sand bed in a low flow area, but it has continued to recede to the point that I'm pretty sure it's a goner. I've been spot feeding it brine shrimp and mysis 3x a week mixed with coral aminos and restore from Brightwell. Just keeps getting worse.

Everything else in my tank is fine, but in the past when I've had issues with tissue recession, I couldn't figure out how to stop it, either. People always say they will recover, but in my experience they never do.

Weigh in if you've been able to turn an LPS around...specifically then varieties that have more translucent flesh like euphyllia and cynarina.

10 g Waterbox
AI prime 16 HD
NaCl: 1.0255
Temp: 77.5
Alk: 9.1
Nitrate: 10ppm
Phosphate: .1ppm
Ca: 400
Mg: 1350
pH: 7.8 (it runs low in the winter...pets and closed windows)

Not exactly looking for a diagnosis, just your experience with similar issues.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept dipping a pearly bubble coral that got some infection and most of it died except for a small amount. I used ME coral dip, seachems iodine based dip, and coral rx. My guess was some infection, as everything else was thriving.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back