OP
OP
oceaninabox

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are running a business where pictures sell your corals for you. How long does it take to take a picture...upload it..and then email it??? I don't think it's too much to much to ask at all. You want all of the money for your coral? Take some pictures...pretty simple if you ask me!

This is a perfect example, lets use Chrissy's example for just a minute.(Sorry Chrissy)

Im selling a coral, here is my picture. I spent all the time getting a perfect picture of this specimen so you can really see this coral in all it's glory. I took the time and uploaded it and hey you liked it so much you just bought it!!!!! Woo HOO!!

Now you say, Perry you got anymore? I say yup I sure do. Same colony and everything. You want a bigger piece?

You say, Yup, I'll take it...Oh, but 1st send me another picture, cuz the 1st picture I looked at even though I chose to buy that piece doesnt satisfy me that the other piece will look as good or that you are reputable that i can trust what you are telling me is true.

I just dont get that part of it. Im probably digging myself a grave here and getting a little off subject, but I've learned a long time ago good news travels fast and bad news even faster. I didnt earn the feedback rating I have over the last 12 years for being someone that rips people off. Furthermore, My name would blasted all over R2R and every other board if I did that and then who would buy from me? I satisfy 99.9% of every customer I have and most are repeat customers.

Mayabe thats what it boils down to, everybody has just been burnt so many times, nobody has ever dealt with anyone that stands behind there products.

The original point I was trying to make, was all the picture taking time and why you would need another picture when you just bought the coral based off the picture I just provided. Im not talking outdated old pictures, Im talking brand new off the camera pictures. Thats all. It is quite cumbersome to take photos and Im sure that anyone that reads this board and sells coral will attest to that fact. I've made my point and not going to bury myself so I wont respond anymore on this thread. Like one of the posters wrote, just have to earn your trust and your business thats all!!!;)

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree with that if i buy one head of duncan from u and then im like uk that looks great i want 2 more, then no i dont need another pic, thats just stupid lol. but if im like perry ill take the duncan, can i see a pic of the superman? thats okay i think. I understand what u mean now and i agree with that

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends on price too. If the price is high then definitely the buyer will ask for a new pic so they can make sure they are not getting ripped off.

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess im late on the thread. But I understand lol and I dont even run anything near a business. Just sell a pack once a month :hammer:

dieselab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why I stop selling/trading corals. Just got tired of request for corals that I have posted a picture of and then a request for a picture of the actual frag. If you are going to ask if I am selling/trading a frag, then you should have enough trust that you will get what you requested.

bluegrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting thread to say the least. :)
I personally am not a very good coral photographer and I know I need to do a better job with that. I typically don't mind taking the pictures. I find typically people want wysiwyg photos and not "you will get 2 polyps of this"--especially with pricier pieces. Sometimes frags are just cut too oddly for some people and they don't like the look of the cut. It doesn't take much time to take additional photos and upload them for me, it's just hard to take "good pictures." It's certainly time consuming, but it's also a part of being an online vendor I guess.
Maybe a good analogy would be if you owned a LFS and this guy came in 4 times a week, asked 100 questions and never bought anything--being business minded you will continue to answer his questions hoping that he will soon make a purchase and the 1-1 attentiveness was worth it.
Then you do have your perpetual "backer-outers." That's a whole different issue I think. :)

casey
www.bluegrasscorals.com

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps going with a WYSIWYG site may be better for you then.

Take the pics of all your frags, and upload them to your site.

I would have to imagine this would be work out better for you.

just a thought.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I do WYSIWYG so when people ask I say yep I'll do a frag then get you a pic if you dont want no biggy its going up on the site eitheir way you get first chance but if you wait or dont want it it's not a waste of my time learned my lesson on that but if your not set up to do that then I can see your problem.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also your in a service orrinated business you can set boundry's as you have a life too and I've found that if people are really interested they'll give you the time if there in a rush there probly going to change there minds or there wife will lol.

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man times must be getting tighter for the Vendors to start venting............... Hope everything works out for all. I'm a +1 for pix of the frag. The actual one. Who knows how well anyone hacks up a coral and if it even has healed to deal with the stress of shipping. If your business is online sales that is image intensive....its kind of a no brainer. And if it's just a hobby on the side then just ignore the people you know are "back-outers". Maybe they just went with someone else? Or local? Seems easy to me??????

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 49 40.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 61 50.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back