Is my new Acan Healthy?

bennysmith1997

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2023
Messages
19
Reaction score
17
Location
Allentown
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased my first Acan coral. After I acclimated and put it in I noticed that you can see its skeleton. I heard that this may be a really bad sign. It has been in the tank three days now and seems okay. In Short does my Acan look okay? and if not what can I do to help it.
Thank you!

75C6F921-F802-4993-9456-52C568C7777D.jpeg 851BE12B-302D-4197-8309-8C6DEEE76BEC.jpeg
 
May just be acclimating still. Mine are big and puffy when lights on and when lights are off retract and kinda look like yours. Fingers crossed.
 
I have new ones that look like yours (pic 2) and I have some that have been in my tank for 6+ months that are FAT as all get out! ‍♂️
(Pic 1)
I’m not even two years into this hobby, but I am continually amazed at how some purchases totally thrive and others completely tank (no pun intended) in the EXACT same water/environment!

Guess that’s the way this hobby goes - 10% thriving. 10% dying. 80% going just fine!
 

Attachments

  • 3FDB66DE-245F-4F52-A229-FBD0C7CD4D41.jpeg
    3FDB66DE-245F-4F52-A229-FBD0C7CD4D41.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 101

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new