Is that an issue?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished installing the hose for the roller matt on my infinia 190.5 and my friend was saying the hose will create resistance? Or im being anxious for nothing? The hose goes up and down like that any idea? He said it wont drain properly? Anyone have any idea

Attachments

• IMG_2044.mov
    49 MB

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished installing the hose for the roller matt on my infinia 190.5 and my friend was saying the hose will create resistance? Or im being anxious for nothing? The hose goes up and down like that any idea? He said it wont drain properly? Anyone have any idea
I think they are right, although with a down pipe i submerge the end a few inches under water which is causing some back pressure. your basically putting a p trap in there like most plumbing drains in a house. you may not notice any issues with it , so its up to you maybe try it how it is or change it now, it may not be a big deal...i wouldn't have extra slack if it's not needed, but I also wouldn't use hose like that but that's just a personal preference.

good luck get that thing going already!! lol;)

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they are right, although with a down pipe i submerge the end a few inches under water which is causing some back pressure. your basically putting a p trap in there like most plumbing drains in a house. you may not notice any issues with it , so its up to you maybe try it how it is or change it now, it may not be a big deal...i wouldn't have extra slack if it's not needed, but I also wouldn't use hose like that but that's just a personal preference.

The hose is not my choice its what been provided with the roller matt so

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I cut the hose shorter thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2049.jpeg
    IMG_2049.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 24

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back