Is the flow ok?

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little high at the moment . The clown fish are having trouble swimming .Maybe ok when you get full of coral but it would need to be more intermittent that full on . What are you using for current as I didn’t see a pump in the vid ! .

OP
OP
GpixL_

GpixL_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
A little high at the moment . The clown fish are having trouble swimming .Maybe ok when you get full of coral but it would need to be more intermittent that full on . What are you using for current as I didn’t see a pump in the vid ! .
Using 2 Hydor 1500s. Not flow adjustable :(.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using 2 Hydor 1500s. Not flow adjustable :(.
Maybe aim them differently. It’s not the worst I’ve seen but it might be a bit much for the clowns . Do they have any place in the tank that’s they can swim without having to struggle swimming ??? Keep a eye on them .

OP
OP
GpixL_

GpixL_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Maybe aim them differently. It’s not the worst I’ve seen but it might be a bit much for the clowns . Do they have any place in the tank that’s they can swim without having to struggle swimming ??? Keep a eye on them .
I will. Just added them rn so letting them chill with no lights. Should I aim both at the surface? Will the flow circle around the tank?

OP
OP
GpixL_

GpixL_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I turned the front one off. The one i’m pointing too and they seem to be swimming easier and one of them is going to the back to have a current.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
GpixL_

GpixL_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Also is this ok for them? They have been doing this since the lights went off. In the same spot.

https://youtube.com/shorts/mRhxbBWri9Y?feature=share

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, fish will adapt to flow and it doesn’t matter too much. Besides, look at SPS reefs! The flow there is hectic, yet look at the fish they’re quite happily swimming all throughout it.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't watched the vid yet. About to get off work but u can put the two pumps on a timer so they only run during the day? At night they would turn off.
U might be able to find a dual timer for both plugs.
D

OP
OP
GpixL_

GpixL_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I haven't watched the vid yet. About to get off work but u can put the two pumps on a timer so they only run during the day? At night they would turn off.
U might be able to find a dual timer for both plugs.
D
Should I turn off the powerheads at night? I can do it. I have timers for plugs but I had the impression that in oceans it doesn’t turn off so why in tanks.

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power strip. If you look up how to wire a dimmer switch to an outlet you can adjust the flow. That is if your a handy person I wouldn’t recommend doing it unless you some form of electrical knowledge. There is a ton of info on how to do it though

OP
OP
GpixL_

GpixL_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Power strip. If you look up how to wire a dimmer switch to an outlet you can adjust the flow. That is if your a handy person I wouldn’t recommend doing it unless you some form of electrical knowledge. There is a ton of info on how to do it though
POWERSTRIP THANK YOU. Ill ok into that. Is it ok that there is no powerhead in the back?

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lower that one to the half point in your glass and face it upwards towards the surface

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back