Is this bacteria?

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2013
Messages
1,239
Reaction score
661
Location
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 57g tank with a 20L sump and I dose 33ml of vinegar daily. I've noticed white-ish stingy things on my glass lately and was wondering if it's a bacteria bloom or just algae? I dose my vinegar into my sump in the chamber of my main pump and I don't notice anything in there.

If it is bacteria should I start reducing the amount that I'm dosing?


ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419379346.746507.jpg


I tried my best to take a picture of my glass and it comes out horrible.
 
When I see bacteria, it looks like a fuzzy white-ish coating, about 2-3mm deep. It sways a bit with the water. You can't typically see individual pieces, looks more like short, white hair algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new