Is this Coralline?

smarthawk

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2020
Messages
47
Reaction score
23
Location
Franklin
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Tank is about 100 days old. Within the past couple days I’ve noticed these little dots on the back of my aquarium. There’s also a couple on the powerhead and a return nozzle. It doesn’t fluoresce but it’s a solid color and looks lightly pink. Can anyone help ID? Thanks!

7FDA89B1-4E27-4D4E-9889-431D032416C0.jpeg 9BA6E3C0-5ED5-43AE-BBCA-FEC5BBE8C5C2.jpeg
 
Pics are crappy, but they are pale dots on the back of the display. There are some spots on rocks and some of snails are covered in coralline.
 
If they are purple or pink, then yep. If you want it to grow keep your alkalinity above 8.4dKH balanced with calcium and keep the flow medium to high.
I’m wondering where you came up with that 8.4 number. That’s oddly specific. I keep my alk below 8 and grow more coralline than my urchins can eat. So I’m curious about where that number came from.
23caf57e-7cb3-49be-8f52-aaa35a1747af-jpeg.1659322
 
Thanks guys, it's pink and my dKH has been steady at 8.6 for at least 3 weeks now. Hopefully it keeps going.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new