Is this stn or rtn?

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test my water as soon as I'm done here but this guy was doing good polyps where out even after I glued it to the rock then about a week ago they started to stay inside in the middle of its body wile the tips of the coral where out. Then this!
7B079978-9675-4F78-BF68-974025A1A90F.png

787will

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rtn (rapid) will happen usually within 24hrs and it is very hard to stop. Stn (slow) could be a week to a month or more. Iv had success dipping in lugols when dealing with stn. You can also use superglue to stop the spread and As a last resort you should frag what you can.

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it dead yet? Then it's not RTN. Follow the advice above. I've clipped several corals to save them.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it's not dead. Test is as follows
Mag-1500
Alk-7.4
Cal-470
Ph-8.2
Nitrate nitrite ammonia 0
Salt 1.026
Everything else is doing good just it's guy. Cloud it be from no light? That part is shaded.

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of shade will bleach them. Is the tissue coming off or is it just turning white?

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can see it's just turning white. Nothing is coming off the coral. But PE is minimal in the body of the coral.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'll keep a close eye on it and make sure I doesn't spread thanks for the help so far.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so it started to get worse I just pulled the coral out to frag it and when I cut it apart this is in the middle the three black dots
9C37D6C4-10A2-4CB7-BC55-E24A0C2D4371.jpg

Any idea on what it might be? As I cut it apart those black spots don't go all the way up the coral just about an inch or so.

DSP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree Iv had a couple acros that have fan worms that constantly poke out and wave there fan around lol, The holes look just like that.

Stoneyman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive unfortunately have extensive experience with slow rotting--almost always from the base up. 95% positive its a low nutrient issue. The coral is starving. Zero nitrates. Add some more fish, feed a little more, skim a little less (i shut my skimmer down 6 hours a day). I agree with everybody else in thAt you need to chop up the acros rotting now and salvage what you can.

zforce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's just shading, if you have good growth, shading is a natural for the coral to keep itself in the best position to thrive (natural selection). If digitata, then keep an eye for fluffy grey monti nudi's, they tend to bite the bottom. If the necrosis goes beyond the shaded portion, then I would frag n dip.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the tissue is comming off it started to get greenish where it was white and the polyps on the coral stayed in only the tips outer branches of the coral had polyop extraction

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%

Back