Is TPR (thermoplastic rubber) Reef safe?

psumms

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2019
Messages
189
Reaction score
124
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to find is TPR (thermoplastic rubber) is safe for use in my sump. I have four TPR rubber anti-vibration feet that I'm looking to use under a skimmer. I guess the proof would be is TPR food safe - but can't find a solid Google answer! Anyone know? My concern is plastic leaching.
 
An article right here on R2R confirms that they are indeed....REEF SAFE. You are good to go. I'd say let it soak in rodi for a week or two. Then change the water and soak i rodi again, while using cheap filter with carbon in it. This will get rid of any cross contamination with any other materials that aren't reef safe.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new