Issues w my rainbow infusion zoauv

Mariners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone,
I have a frag w 1 polyp of rainbow infusiom and it is healthy most of the time. I am using an ai prime hd lights w my settings uv 50, violets 80, both blues 90, red and greens at 0, and whites at 30. At peak hours the infusion is fat, healthy, and open (pic 1). However, just in the past 3 days when the lights start to ramp down with the uv and whites near 0 and my violets and blues around 50, the infusion looks deflated like a squished toothpaste container (pic 2). For the past 3 days, the infusion looks good the next day like nothing happened, then the dreaded ramp down period it deflates. None my my zoas do this and in fact look awesome of course under heavy actinics--all except the infusion. Any ideas why this is happening?

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1940.JPG

sh4ne88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the risk of buying 1 polyp. I had it 2 times before. First week they do just fine. But after that the slowly dont go open anymore and disapear [emoji22]. I think its couse there fraged and we dont know if they are propper fragged thats why i dont buy 1 polyps anymore but a minimum of 2 better 3 so i can see they growth already.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience as well, single polyp failure rate seems to be higher than multi polyp. Any idea how long it had been fragged before you got it?

OP
OP
Mariners

Mariners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience as well, single polyp failure rate seems to be higher than multi polyp. Any idea how long it had been fragged before you got it?
Actually it started w 4 as a new purchase but i found a hydroid during qt and wound up sacrificing 2. So when i had 2, one started getting smaller while the other got bigger. It was almost like the big one was leaching away the others life (weird). Then when the small one eventually shrunk to a nubbin, the large polyp would be fat and awesome during peak hours until the ramp down time.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually it started w 4 as a new purchase but i found a hydroid during qt and wound up sacrificing 2. So when i had 2, one started getting smaller while the other got bigger. It was almost like the big one was leaching away the others life (weird). Then when the small one eventually shrunk to a nubbin, the large polyp would be fat and awesome during peak hours until the ramp down time.
That is very strange indeed. Well I hope it survives. If not hit me up I do have some frags of it that are like 8+ polyps and won't cost an arm and a leg.

OP
OP
Mariners

Mariners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx boomcorals, i appreciate the input and advice in another thread regarding acclimating corals to new lights. Btw it was underpowered and once i cranked up the par, everything was better. Anyway, i would love to order (looked at ur website and ebay listing awhile ago) but the issue is shipping. Thx tho.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back