OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I understand. Got 4 littles and smallest two seem to be perpetually sick during the winter. My wife got a new camera, so I have her old dslr, and still havent taken a pic with it yet! Just got back from Puerto Rico over the holidays (her mom passed away in September, and we took her home to spread ashes) and luckly the tanks survived with my staff taking care of them. My GHA outbreak even cleared up while I was gone. But it sounds like a zoom lense is in your future so you can take shots from the couch???
That's a lot to go through. Hopefully things went well over in Puerto Rico.

I love children. They just need so much comfort when sick. They don't understand.

We all had aches and pain. Top it off with the chills. My son would cry and stomp in place. The moment tylenol kicked in he went to sleep.

I Wonder how the staff felt over that monster tank. Best part is, that system is large enough, shouldn't have been too much for them to stress over.

I sure do miss my old phone camera. It was an older model. Less colors, more detail.

My husband did tell me to pick a new lens and a 4k camera. The man loves me. Maybe around spring.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are these green, teal "blisters" forming on this guy
Not sure what else to call them.
Crappy phone pics. Who cares?
20220116_155806~2.jpg

Fts. Some changes were made.
20220116_160716.jpg

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a lot to go through. Hopefully things went well over in Puerto Rico.

I love children. They just need so much comfort when sick. They don't understand.

We all had aches and pain. Top it off with the chills. My son would cry and stomp in place. The moment tylenol kicked in he went to sleep.

I Wonder how the staff felt over that monster tank. Best part is, that system is large enough, shouldn't have been too much for them to stress over.

I sure do miss my old phone camera. It was an older model. Less colors, more detail.

My husband did tell me to pick a new lens and a 4k camera. The man loves me. Maybe around spring.
My little monsters became screaming little monsters that weren't happy with anything we tried to do. Screaming and kicking when trying to get meds in them....yay....fun.

The big tank luckily is easy. As long as they top it off. They freaked out because them film algae on the sides was so thick you couldnt se through it after 9 days of no cleaning. 5 minutes with out magnet cleaner and the water looked cleaner than it has in the laat 3 months.

My frag tank......whole different story. Have two montis that partially bleached, an acan that had a head bail out. And they were mixing bicarb with the Red Sea AB all in one powder. Still cleaning precipitate off the acrylic.. oh well

Yeah did the same with my wife on the camera, she just went and bought the new mirrorless canon R6. About had a heart attack when I saw how much she spent on it.......

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah did the same with my wife on the camera, she just went and bought the new mirrorless canon R6.
I hope the little ones are doing better. I really don't want to get a camera. I'd still use it once a week or less.

My green booger shrooms sure are growing fast. My red shroom is one slow grower. Wonder if my yumas are getting too much light?
20220118_160148.jpg
20220116_161310.jpg

Still not growing.

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushrooms will move some or shrink up if they're getting too much light. They will move some and raise upwards if not enough. The ricordeas look happy, Id leave well enough alone?

Sean, my third is doing okay but did spike a 102.9 fever this morning. Good news is I think I have it now......yay.....my little plague bearers!

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mushrooms will move some or shrink up if they're getting too much light. They will move some and raise upwards if not enough. The ricordeas look happy, Id leave well enough alone?

Sean, my third is doing okay but did spike a 102.9 fever this morning. Good news is I think I have it now......yay.....my little plague bearers!
Awe poor guy. Hope he's doing well. My son spiked at a 101.5. Thankfully nothing higher.
It took him almost 2 weeks to turn back into his normal self.
By the end of the day I'm drained. Hopefully, you get to rest plenty. if the wife isn't sick yet.... Hopefully she stays well.

Never moved the yumas. I know all mushrooms grow at different rates. I've had these guys for 4+ months. I keep hoping they get bigger.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi mibu.hope you your son and fella feeling better,wondered why not seen you about and wonder why I not getting updates for your build pffft
You'd think woth me being sick, i could be on r2r non stop. My son just wouldn't let me type on my phone. He was overly demanding. I probably get half an hour of free time.... If i am lucky.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd think woth me being sick, i could be on r2r non stop. My son just wouldn't let me type on my phone. He was overly demanding. I probably get half an hour of free time.... If i am lucky.
Yeah our little ones need alot of our time and even more so when they sick,and if we sick at same time makes it even harder for all the family yes

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It seems people are getting sick all over :(
it is that season, I've been through worse as well. 1999, we had a flu strain that caused us to vomit up the smallest portions of fluid. I had to sip teaspoons of water, very slowly. Or up it came. Old and young were the ones needing much extra care. They were dying from dehydration.

Sometime in 2006, I think? My memory is bad on the year here. There was some weird bug running around, behaved like a mix of whooping cough and pneumonia. The lungs would constantly fill with fluid and people were dying from exhaustion. They couldn't stop coughing long enough to sleep. Lasted around 14 days.

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is that season, I've been through worse as well. 1999, we had a flu strain that caused us to vomit up the smallest portions of fluid. I had to sip teaspoons of water, very slowly. Or up it came. Old and young were the ones needing much extra care. They were dying from dehydration.

Sometime in 2006, I think? My memory is bad on the year here. There was some weird bug running around, behaved like a mix of whooping cough and pneumonia. The lungs would constantly fill with fluid and people were dying from exhaustion. They couldn't stop coughing long enough to sleep. Lasted around 14 days.
2008 was SARS I believe. Also a corona virus.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2008 was SARS I believe. Also a corona virus.
This one was before the sars and pig, bird flu craze. It was really bad.

I'll have to edit this. It wasn't sars. The doctors didn't know where it came from or what it was. We were in new mexico at the time. As sars originated in asia 2003-4? This also wasn't spoken about much. Nothing really was until recently

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one was before the sars and pig, bird flu craze. It was really bad.

I'll have to edit this. It wasn't sars. The doctors didn't know where it came from or what it was. We were in new mexico at the time. As sars originated in asia 2003-4? This also wasn't spoken about much. Nothing really was until recently
Yup SARS 2003 again 2008. Think there was an H1N1 swine influenza 2009, and a MERS (once again a corona virus) in 2012.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup SARS 2003 again 2008. Think there was an H1N1 swine influenza 2009, and a MERS (once again a corona virus) in 2012.
It doesn't end. We have always had to battle the nasties. Some are worse than others. Something is going to pop up. Only now we have social media to play things up.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry bout my last post, in the medical field and annoyed by people in general. Promise I'll only talk littles and tanks from here on out.!
If you're sorry about it, why not pull it down? By leaving it up there, when you can edit it away, is that just not virtue signaling again?

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry bout my last post, in the medical field and annoyed by people in general. Promise I'll only talk littles and tanks from here on out.!
I know a couple people in the medical field. 1 deals with blood work, another is a lab tech. I can't speak for them. We as a nation have a lot to worry about. But, is widely made a meme.

Honestly. Maybe the first time in my life I can say "I'm starting to hate aquariums." If I could rewind the clock, I never would have let my husband pick up the 60g from petsmart.

Should have went into gardening.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a couple people in the medical field. 1 deals with blood work, another is a lab tech. I can't speak for them. We as a nation have a lot to worry about. But, is widely made a meme.

Honestly. Maybe the first time in my life I can say "I'm starting to hate aquariums." If I could rewind the clock, I never would have let my husband pick up the 60g from petsmart.

Should have went into gardening.
You're welcome to come hang at mine. Mostly ramblings but Calm..

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back