Jayson & Thi-Le's Reef

Here's a quick update of what's happening in our tank! =)

Clownfish Eggs Closeup.jpg


Clownfish Eggs.jpg


Our 3 clownfish started laying eggs on our rainbow hammer! It's pretty darn cute. The smallest one is taking care of the eggs, while the 2 bigger ones are on the attach mode when we put our hands in the tank.
 
HAHA congrats grandpa!
 
Yummy Yummy!!
 
WOW! Jayson, the tanks looking better than ever. Nice to see you've posted up this build thread here on R2R as well, been awhile since I've seen any updates.

Cheers, Todd
 
If we could do it again, we would drill through the bottom of the tank and hide the overflow and return in rockwork somehow. I guess that will a project for an upgrade =]

I inherited a tank plumbed like this and I do not recommend having the return in the rockwork. It makes you reliant on a check valve to keep your tank from draining out the return in case of loss of power. Never trust a check valve.

I love the tank and was waiting to see someone put lighting in a shade like that!
 
Last edited:
Got to see this tank yesterday.
What a awesome tank.
Love that JF Jack O Lantern Leptoseris.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new