JBJ Nano Cube With Phillips Hue Lightstrip?

thenanoreefkeeper

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I have a 24g JBJ Nano and as a lot of jbj owners know, the lighting set up is less than ideal for setting up timers. Both the nite-view light, and the main daytime lights are on the same power chord which means I can set the lights up on a timer, but when the switch turns off, I lose power to both lights (daytime, and nite-view). I had an idea of mounting a phillips hue LED light strip which I already have in place of the nite-view blue LEDs that JBJ installed. Wondering if anyone has done something like this? This would allow me to run a timer for both sets of lights. Thoughts?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new