Just thought I'd share some pics of my reef

MurphyTheClownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attached below are some pics of my reef tank which is a 40 gallon tall tank. It's not the final product yet, but it's a start, and it sure has some promising potential. I've got a couple kinds of zoas, 2 hammers, 1 much smaller than the other, lots of GSP, a leather, some candy cane, and 2 mushrooms. For fish I've got 2 black clowns which are a pair and are very entertaining to just watch.

The larger hammer is by far my favorite, and a recent addition. I paid only 60 dollars for a 5 inch by 3.5 inch piece at Petco, and I know most people are anti Petco, but my local one is extremely good with saltwater and has proven to be good in the past. However I rarely buy there as theres a much better store closer to my house. I really like the colors on it and I think it's absolutely beautiful.

So, a few notes, some of the corals look closed up, and they're usually open, but my turbo snails have been going to town lately and really have been running over corals lol. Also, the large colony of zoas was given to me by a friend as he thought they had actually begun to die off and I thought I'd take on the challenge of rejuvenating them. Seems to have worked so far, they've been closed up and quite sad for about 4 months and just recently they have gotten better. They look amazing when they're open so hopefully soon I can get some good pics of them opened up.

Not all the corals are pictured, but I felt these were the best pics of the bunch.

Also, these are not professional pictures lol, they were taken on my phone and I just threw a filter on to get the blue out. If anyone has tips on how to get better pics let me know lol.

If anyone has comments, tips, or advice for anything I'm always open to suggestions, thanks for taking the time to look!

20210911_154215.jpg 20210911_154513.jpg 20210911_154438.jpg 20210911_154405.jpg 20210911_154312.jpg 20210911_154430.jpg

JReef3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Euphyllia are definitely some of my favorite corals. Nice to hear at least one Petco takes care of their saltwater livestock. I don't go into our local Petco often but when I do, I always want to buy stuff just to save it. Anyway, you're corals are looking nice, keep up the good reefkeeping!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back