Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a photo of the magnifica I was talking about:

ED044C59-86A8-4885-A837-D53CFB921287.jpeg

And here it is in the process of splitting:

mine looks just like this
117B3342-2193-48D7-9370-2EB34C72EF61.jpeg

What's notable about these photos is that there isn't a single pointed tentacle to be found. Magnifica typically have blunt tips. If there is any kind of bulb, it happens are the very tip of the tentacle (there's no pointy part).

OP
OP
Micaeltercer

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this is precisely the reason why I didn't want to give a 100% thumbs up to a BTA. ;)

Every so often these "mystery" anemones arrive at the LFS that don't have definitive characteristics. IIRC, the last batch of these were more purple-green in color. Maybe it's an undescribed species (I know that's a long shot)?

Are you able to take a photo of the attachment point? I'm curious to see how the foot spreads out. Granted, my CSB is in a box, and there are times during the day where the foot is spread out quite a bit, though the tentacles are clearly indicative of a BTA.

what is csb? I’ll dunk the phone in the tank and snap a couple pics of the foot when I get back from work tonight.

OP
OP
Micaeltercer

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s a ritteri I have a small one that came in recently same color and they come labeled so I know mine is a ritteri

image.jpg

Beautiful nem! mine looks identical to yours! Same body and it spread out the same way. Do you have any info from your seller on where your Nem came from or any other details?

did yours go from small size in LFS bag to huge and spread out once on your Rockscape?

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Beautiful nem! mine looks identical to yours! Same body and it spread out the same way. Do you have any info from your seller on where your Nem came from or any other details?

did yours go from small size in LFS bag to huge and spread out once on your Rockscape?
He’s the smallest I have that came in he’s about 3” and I’m pretty sure he cane from Indonesia might have been Bali I have to look back at my pictures but it’s definitely a magnifica because I also got bubble tips in the shipment and everything was labeled:)

OP
OP
Micaeltercer

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nemguy123 @sprungson @D-Nak @BradB @Fishy65 @Taylor t

do you guys think it still looks like a BTA? Here’s the updated photo. Still not moved up to the top of the rock but it’s huge now, wrapped around the rock 180 degrees. It’s tips are a slight off white, dirty yellow green tinge, almost florescent in daylight.

A6FF4EC5-B92C-45DA-A6A4-F13B5DADE21A.jpeg

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... this is an interesting one. I can't give a conclusive answer. Are you able to take a photo of the foot where it is attached to the rock? I'm just curious, I don't know it's sway me in either direction.

OP
OP
Micaeltercer

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... this is an interesting one. I can't give a conclusive answer. Are you able to take a photo of the foot where it is attached to the rock? I'm just curious, I don't know it's sway me in either direction.

yeah I’ll try to take a pic tomorrow am. It’s foot is as big as it’s body. It stays very low to the ground below it. 6” diameter and maybe 1-1.5” height from foot to tentacle

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back