K.i.s.s.

3dees

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2013
Messages
637
Reaction score
240
Location
Chicago burbs
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I converted my 120 gal. wild discus tank to a fowlr In August. then decided It didn't look natural without some coral. I started adding softies a few months ago. I guess I'm trying to prove to myself that a low tech tank can work. due to severe back problems I can't have a sump. hob skimmer and two power heads. 150 lbs. of live rock. no dosing and 15% wc every 10 days. so far everything is doing
fine. no nitrates or phosphates. tank is so much easier to care for than the discus tank.

1 one spot foxface
1 coral beauty
1 lawn mower blenny
1 melenarus wrasse
1 candy cane wrasse
1 bangaii cardinal
1 yellow tail damsel
1 scissor tail dart
pair of zebra bar darts
pair of black and white clowns
 

Attachments

  • DSC_4368_0225_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_4368_0225_edited-1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC_4370_0227_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_4370_0227_edited-1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_4371_0228_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_4371_0228_edited-1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC_4372_0229_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_4372_0229_edited-1.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 203

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new