K7 V3 User Discussion Thread-Frequently Asked Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the non-mobile version.
products page.jpg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the non-mobile version.
products page.jpg
They show up on the mobile browser too, I just had to go to the products listing instead of looking at the list of products that show up when you first go to the page.

They’re not usually on the forum until the early morning hours, but hopefully Noopsyche can answer the question. Sometimes it’s kinda hard to communicate because of the language barrier, but otherwise they’re pretty responsive IME.

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone, good evening! @LeftyReefer @Gtinnel @Sleeping Giant
Sorry for the confusion, this is just SEO testing on google. There is no difference between the $193 one and the $195 one. One is a new link, and the other has comments and data accumulation, which is a little helpful for gg ranking.

Last edited:

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, good evening! @LeftyReefer @Gtinnel @Sleeping Giant
Sorry for the confusion, this is just SEO testing on google. There is no difference between the $193 one and the $195 one. One is a new link, and the other has comments and data accumulation, which is a little helpful for gg ranking.
I didn’t think there were two different versions, but wanted to make sure I didn’t give someone wrong info. Thanks for clearing it up.

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn’t think there were two different versions, but wanted to make sure I didn’t give someone wrong info. Thanks for clearing it up.
Thanks for the reply!

varrader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After contacting support regarding the annoying loud fan noises the support requested a video of the fan noise... At this point it was clear that a refund will not happen from the seller :D Best way would be to send it back and get a used ReefLed90 for the same price.
So i took care of this by myself.
Two solutions tested: At first i welded in a 50 ohm resistance in front of the fan to drop its rpm. Still enough fan performance (fan goes on an off, which means it lowers the target temperature enough to shut down) while having a great improve regarding the fan noise.
Second solution: Changed the Fan to a standard 60mm axial computer fan. I know, not perfect regarding the general design of the light, but still enough air for sufficient cooling:

20220813_190233.jpg

I also added 12mm spacers to increase the gap between the light and the mounting arm, because it covered the majority of the fan:

20220813_203256.jpg

Im new to noopsyche LEDs, but it seems that the previous V2 model hat a normal axial fan, not this radial riot thing...

BBGoby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After contacting support regarding the annoying loud fan noises the support requested a video of the fan noise... At this point it was clear that a refund will not happen from the seller :D Best way would be to send it back and get a used ReefLed90 for the same price.
So i took care of this by myself.
Two solutions tested: At first i welded in a 50 ohm resistance in front of the fan to drop its rpm. Still enough fan performance (fan goes on an off, which means it lowers the target temperature enough to shut down) while having a great improve regarding the fan noise.
Second solution: Changed the Fan to a standard 60mm axial computer fan. I know, not perfect regarding the general design of the light, but still enough air for sufficient cooling:

20220813_190233.jpg

I also added 12mm spacers to increase the gap between the light and the mounting arm, because it covered the majority of the fan:

20220813_203256.jpg

Im new to noopsyche LEDs, but it seems that the previous V2 model hat a normal axial fan, not this radial riot thing...
Can you advise on what size screws you have mounted to the light with the 12mm spacers? I just purchase some #4 3/4 inch and they are too small.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
By the way, I m curious to know if anyone would like to be a tester for the K7 Mini?
As I am setting up a permanent observation tank with minimal coral - I would be

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you advise on what size screws you have mounted to the light with the 12mm spacers? I just purchase some #4 3/4 inch and they are too small.
On the non Wi-Fi version of the light it takes a M3 metric screw, then just get whatever length you need. I assume the screw hole size wouldn’t have changed.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick response, I am hell-bent on getting this corrected today!
I had to use a different length screw in mine so that I could hang mine from an extruded aluminum frame. I believe these are the screws I used, but again just get the length that you need for your application. I did have to add a few small washers because the head of these were too small.

Here is one of my lights hanging from the diy frame
69565072-A5BF-440D-9474-9D36A0727171.jpeg

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the optimum height to mount the lights. I currently have them at 9.5 inches which is the highest the mounts will go. Tank is 48 long. Should I move them farther away from each other or lower them below 9.5 inches?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 41

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the optimum height to mount the lights. I currently have them at 9.5 inches which is the highest the mounts will go. Tank is 48 long. Should I move them farther away from each other or lower them below 9.5 inches?
Since you have 2 on a 4 foot tank I would keep them at their max height to increase spread.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave them at that height and move them a little further apart. Basically cut the tank in half and then center each light over each half of the tank, which would put each mounting arm around 12” from the sides of the tank

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Initially had them at the location you described. In order to fit my skimmer in the sump chamber I needed to move them closer. Debating on building a light rail for it!
image.jpg

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Initially had them at the location you described. In order to fit my skimmer in the sump chamber I needed to move them closer. Debating on building a light rail for it!
image.jpg
Im also planning on adding a 48 inch quanta bar to the two lights to fill in the corners that are a bit darker

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back