K7 V3 User Discussion Thread-Frequently Asked Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll eventually get a tracking number from noop for DHL. It came in my email when I ordered. Until you get a tracking number, its just a printed label.

The tracking number is what pulls that up.
The only entry

All Shipment Updates

Tuesday

March, 01 2022​

• 14:05 Local time | Shipment information receivedService Area: HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The tracking number is what pulls that up.
The only entry

All Shipment Updates

Tuesday

March, 01 2022​

• 14:05 Local time | Shipment information receivedService Area: HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA
I am so sorry for that because Hong Kong's COVID-19 eruption, mainland China strictly controls the inspection of import and export. More than some days than usual
1646877398764.png

I hope that everything on you side is fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe @noopsyche will chime in and explain how warranty works when the led fail especially the low nm diodes that last at best a year when used at high %

And for warranty within the 2 years will have to be sent back to china just like ledzeal lights and on your dime
2 years warranty for K7 V3, because we are confident for 2 years for normal use of the K7 V3. The new revolutionary NooPsyche K7-V3 uses high-power LED copper substrate thermoelectric separation conduction, which greatly increases the life of the LED by having a stronger heat carrying capacity and dissipation.
If there is a fault/issue, we will assist customers to solve the issue and provide parts for free.

Last edited:

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry for that because Hong Kong's COVID-19 eruption, mainland China strictly controls the inspection of import and export. More than some days than usual
1646877398764.png

I hope that everything on you side is fine.
Thank you.

It is fine.
I live in a place with few people and the Covid thing was never much of an issue here because we never get together in large groups anywhere. All of my kids are grown and gone too. They like city life.
One of their families has it now. All 4 of them. The ones that got it first are better and the kids aren't having any symptoms though testing positive.

CJH - Jakarta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a T5 hybrid. I had to turn mine down..way down...as I was blasting too much PAR at my corals. I have 4x54 T5s and running 2 140 watters and 1 75 watter at max 20%. More than enough light for my corals. Once I brought these down..tank is doing fantastic
456A9194-1F72-4FC8-B5B1-236AAE7ECEA1.jpeg

Running two of the new V3’s on a 120x50x50 and have set them to run the default LPS setting for now slightly turned down - curious as to how others have these set with similar sized tanks - mostly soft corals with LPS

Chris
Still curious as to what others are running their V3’s at rather than the default settings

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What LEDs are on each channel? What blue LEDs are on the channel with green?
Osram cool white 6
Osram blue 10
Osram royal blue 8
Semi LED 430nm 4
Semi LED 415nm 4
Semi LED 405nm 2
Osram Red 2
Osram Green 2
Osram warm white 2

1647220284397.png

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Osram cool white 6
Osram blue 10
Osram royal blue 8
Semi LED 430nm 4
Semi LED 415nm 4
Semi LED 405nm 2
Osram Red 2
Osram Green 2
Osram warm white 2

1647220284397.png
That's just the number of LEDs. I was trying to find out which LEDs and # are on channel a, b, c, etc... As it says there are blue LEDs on the green channel but nowhere is it found which LEDs are grouped with each channel

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So far , a good running light with no interruption in settings, Very quiet and I still have to tinker with controller. I was able to adjust settings manually to my liking and now I have no control but I know its Not the lights.

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's just the number of LEDs. I was trying to find out which LEDs and # are on channel a, b, c, etc... As it says there are blue LEDs on the green channel but nowhere is it found which LEDs are grouped with each channel
Oh! ! I misunderstood. Okay, Here is beads of each channel :

A white: Osram cool white
B light blue:Osram blue
C dark blue:Osram royal blue & Semi LED 430nm
D UV :Semi LED 415nm & Semi LED 405nm
E Red warm light:Osram Red & Osram warm white
F Green and blue: Osram blue & Osram Green

hope it helps
Thank you

okifaro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using K7 V3 140w for several weeks and overall I am very happy.
IMG_20220505_121732_1.jpg

Exepct that it is to loud for me and I want to replace the fan with a bigger and quieter one.
@noopsyche - What is the voltage of the fan?

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been using K7 V3 140w for several weeks and overall I am very happy.

Exepct that it is to loud for me and I want to replace the fan with a bigger and quieter one.
@noopsyche - What is the voltage of the fan?
12v. How does the fan sound?Is it the sound of airflow or other noises?

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello , everybody
If you have any questions, please post in this thread , and we will answer you one by one.

I hope all buyers and winners are willing to accept my @, and let us discuss the FAQ together!

This can help some new buyers or winners refer to it!

Thank you for adding posts to the K7 V3 FAQ thread!

FAQ for example:
https://noopsychereeflight.com/pages/frequently-asked-questions

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS​

• Q: Where is the manufacturer of Noopsyche? Can we buy directly from the manufacturer?
  • A: We are the manufacturer of noopsyche, located in China. We focus on R&D, manufacturing and production of reef lights.You can buy directly on this website: https://noopsychereeflight.com/collections/all

• Q: How many lights do I need for my reef aquarium?
  • A: (The recommended quantity is determined according to your LPS/SPS) 15"to23"L(1 140w K7V3) ; 25"to47"L(2~3 140w K7V3) ; 49"to70"L(3~4 140w K7V3) ; 71"to88"L(4~5 140w K7V3)

• Q: What carrier is used for shipping from China, and how many days does it take?
  • A: In order to ensure delivery efficiency, we have long-term cooperation with DHL or FedEx.Normal 3-5 working days DHL or FedEx express.We will choose whichever is faster

• Q: How do I know if my K7 V3 LED reef lights is under warranty?
  • A: Please contact us and provide the serial number of the K7 V3 LED reef light, if your light is still under warranty, we will notify you.

• Q: What is the life span of my K7 V3 LED reef light?
  • A: Our lights have a normal life expectancy of 35,000 hours, about 5-7 years for most customers. There are many factors that can reduce the life expectancy of the light such as the environment (humidity, moisture, salt creep, and temperature) as well as the maintenance of the light. Regular cleaning and maintenance of the light are important and if not performed, it may affect the longevity of the light.

• Q: Does deep cleaning of my K7 V3 led reef light invalidate the warranty?
  • A: Turning on your K7 V3 led reef light for deep cleaning will invalidate the warranty, and it is not necessary if you perform regular maintenance.

• Q: Should I perform regular maintenance on my K7 V3 LED reef lights?
  • A: Yes, we recommend using compressed air to clean K7 V3 LED reef lights every 2-3 months to prevent accumulation of dust and debris. Wiping the light with a dry cloth on a regular basis can also help prevent salt accumulation.

Finally,Share a video of a large SPS dominated reef aquarium:

what are the mounting hole spaces in MM, I want to make a custom mount for 8020 rail system

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back