K7 V3 User Discussion Thread-Frequently Asked Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, my worst fear has come to fruition... I took too long setting up the 110 so my wife told me not to set it up. I'm setting up a 125 instead and tearing down the 75. I'm going to be putting the two new 140s and the 75 plus the 90 watt Pro II on it. I'm hopeful that it's more than enough. I know @Gtinnel wanted more on the same tank so there were no shadows...

Also, has anyone heard from @noopsyche lately? I'm hoping everything is good with them!

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my worst fear has come to fruition... I took too long setting up the 110 so my wife told me not to set it up. I'm setting up a 125 instead and tearing down the 75. I'm going to be putting the two new 140s and the 75 plus the 90 watt Pro II on it. I'm hopeful that it's more than enough. I know @Gtinnel wanted more on the same tank so there were no shadows...

Also, has anyone heard from @noopsyche lately? I'm hoping everything is good with them!
There were on today at 2:14 AM. i hope they are doing well too. Sorry to hear about your 110!!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know @Gtinnel wanted more on the same tank so there were no shadows...

The biggest reason I run so many is because my tank is a cheaped rimmed tank with two black plastic cross supports. I could see two noticeable dark tringles on the back wall of my tank that drove me nuts.

If my tank were rimless I think I could've easily got away with using less lights.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What is the turn around time for shipping on these? I purchased two lights on the 4th and haven’t heard a peep from @noopsyche. No response from email or DM. Order just showing “awaiting fulfillment” Is this typical?
Mine took about a week to fulfill and then 4 or 5 days to arrive. Didn't we just celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year? I think things slowed down because of that.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the turn around time for shipping on these? I purchased two lights on the 4th and haven’t heard a peep from @noopsyche. No response from email or DM. Order just showing “awaiting fulfillment” Is this typical?
Same thing happened on my order, it took me about 4 weeks to finally get it. I have always had good luck with them responding to messages though.
I later found one reason mine took so long was because I ordered during the Golden Week holiday. I don't know how long they celebrate lunar new year but maybe that is slowing yours down. I know there was another Chinese based company I was messaging that slowed down on communicating during the holiday.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Got mine in 5 days and impressed with the ease of assembling, and getting lights connected.
I am Having a bear of a time getting the controller to communicate with the lights- Instructions sort of confusing. I have them currently on manual and don't want to use programs- just want to set colors and save it

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are there any vendors for these in the U.S.? Or do I have to buy direct from noopsyche.com? How is warranty dealt with if you have to ship back to china?

Roccopaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are there any vendors for these in the U.S.? Or do I have to buy direct from noopsyche.com? How is warranty dealt with if you have to ship back to china?
There is a site that is American based but everything shows out of stock. Plus I haven’t determined if it’s legitimate. I went to the one in noops profile.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think with no US support/vendor for warranty I will look for different lights. Even the cheap black boxes on eBay have US vendors for warranty

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I really like these lights so far and have had nothing but great communication with @noopsyche. Just my opinion. Best of luck to all :)

Roccopaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened on my order, it took me about 4 weeks to finally get it. I have always had good luck with them responding to messages though.
I later found one reason mine took so long was because I ordered during the Golden Week holiday. I don't know how long they celebrate lunar new year but maybe that is slowing yours down. I know there was another Chinese based company I was messaging that slowed down on communicating during the holiday.
Just got a message on their “site chat” that they resume work tomorrow. You might have been correct they were on holiday.

icechimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a message on their “site chat” that they resume work tomorrow. You might have been correct they were on holiday.
FWIW - Paid Jan 21 (right as the holiday started, poor timing on my part) and still in the "awaiting fulfillment" status 4 weeks later (re-checked via their chat today)

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
FWIW - Paid Jan 21 (right as the holiday started, poor timing on my part) and still in the "awaiting fulfillment" status 4 weeks later (re-checked via their chat today)
They are back at it I believe. It should ship shortly. To be honest it will be worth the wait :) Great lights!

Roccopaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just shipped it out. So they are definitely back to work. Your order may be shipped soon.
286B56D7-0DDD-492A-9C8D-BCEEF9371543.jpeg

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this mean they are on the way or just someone printed a label somewhere

DHL​

Shipment information received​

March, 01 2022 14:05 Local time | Service Area: HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA

This is all it has said since March 1st.
The chat robot at Noopsyche says my order is fulfilled. I do not feel fulfilled. It is dark and lonely here with no lights.

Roccopaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this mean they are on the way or just someone printed a label somewhere

DHL​

Shipment information received​

March, 01 2022 14:05 Local time | Service Area: HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA

This is all it has said since March 1st.
The chat robot at Noopsyche says my order is fulfilled. I do not feel fulfilled. It is dark and lonely here with no lights.
You'll eventually get a tracking number from noop for DHL. It came in my email when I ordered. Until you get a tracking number, its just a printed label.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back