OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new stand that I will be setting up, my previous one was a bit small and I wanted more space to put things away and for it to be a bit higher. Will fix it today and have pics up tonight as well!

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news my tank is still running ammonia a bit high, I know I have been dosing ammonia from Ace HW but last time I dosed was a few days ago, so should have dropped by now.

I added 250ml MB7 about 4 hours ago and would have thought it would dropped down by now, will have to test after 24 hours to see if my ammonia was higher than 8ppm and since my test only has 8ppm as the highest it could be a possibility.

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did a WC about 10G. Tested tank after 10 minutes of stabilization and got 2ppm. Tested this morning and it read 8ppm.

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmm. You've quit dosing ammonia at this point? Your levels are way higher than needed.

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I stopped a few days ago, I was a little bit wiely niley on the dosing and not testing was my bad, I did a 10G WC yesterday and tested the water and it dropped to 2ppm. Will test the tank in a bit to see where it is, if it dropped again I will test for nitrites.

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, my statement is a bit confusing, here is what it should have said:

Test the tank in the morning got 8ppm, performed a WC, tested it after 10 minutes and got 2ppm.

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck, is this your first tank? Very advantageous of you to go sps dom especially in a 20g.

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Ikea cabinet would be nice, but isn't the max load up to 55 lbs? I'm sure that IM 20 filled with water and rocks should weigh at least 150 lbs.

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck, is this your first tank? Very advantageous of you to go sps dom especially in a 20g.

This is my third or fourth tank, it depends how you see it. I had a 40B, 75G (upgraded from 40B), 40B (same one but downgraded due to a move) and now this. I was a bit successful from my second time on my 40B. Here is a link from another forum: http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/there-and-back-again-230269.html

That Ikea cabinet would be nice, but isn't the max load up to 55 lbs? I'm sure that IM 20 filled with water and rocks should weigh at least 150 lbs.

Oh I didn't realize that, LOL. Well I know where I am going after work. Home Depot to reinforce it. Thanks. I have water/rocks in it and it is holding pretty well. But to be on the safe side I will reinforce it the best I can. Thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back