Kamoer X1 (Bluetooth) for dosing Kalkwasser

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a X1 during the BRS sale. Primary purpose will be to dose TP All for Reef.

I also have BRS kalkwasser which I stopped using to dose 2 part along with trace. I have some questions and would appreciate some advice.

• Is it ok to use the X1 to dose Kalk?
    • I will let it settle first, so it's clear
    • I will have a rod with 1" from the bottom, not to suck up the residue
    • This solution will only be mixed in the beginning. Not continual mixing
  • Is there a link on how much Kalk to dose? (I have 25-gallon tank with 21-gallons of water)
  • Should I continue to dose DSR EZ-Trace by hand daily?

I have some more questions but feel this is a good base to start. Much appreciate any and all info!

-Gaspare

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a X1 during the BRS sale. Primary purpose will be to dose TP All for Reef.

I also have BRS kalkwasser which I stopped using to dose 2 part along with trace. I have some questions and would appreciate some advice.

• Is there a link on how much Kalk to dose? (I have 25-gallon tank with 21-gallons of water)

I have some more questions but feel this is a good base to start. Much appreciate any and all info!

-Gaspare
Unless you are having an issue with low PH, you wont need to dose kalk or trace elements with TM all for reef.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

-Gaspare

OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you are having an issue with low PH, you wont need to dose kalk or trace elements with TM all for reef.
I am sorry I should have been clearer and will edit the OP. (seems my original can not be edited)

I'm looking to use up my Kalk and Trace BEFORE I purchase the TP All for Reef.

So, finish off old inventory before moving on to all for reef.

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the X1 pro 2 for dosing 3 parts and others solution for over a year. So far so good. The only thing users came across with difficultity is the first setup on getting it to connect to the cloud. Lucky with my IT background, it is a piece of cake.

Attachments

• 20220717_135609.jpg
    20220717_135609.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to make sure it's ok to dose Kalk with a pump like this. I know the solution can be hard on equipment.

Plus I don't think I will be dosing a whole lot.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to make sure it's ok to dose Kalk with a pump like this. I know the solution can be hard on equipment.

Its actually much better to dose kalk or any chemical for that matter, with a peristaltic pump. Instead of replacing the pump or whole impeller, you are simply replacing a small section of soft pliable tubing if there is ever an issue from the chemical.

Though ive never clogged an ATO with fully saturated kalk after months of use, i have had the pumps just simply stop working.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it to dose kalk. Kalk is only hard on pumps that sit in the solution like an ato pump. The only thing touching the kalk in a dosing pump is the tubing.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think you should ditch the Kalk and move straight to All For Reef. Kalk is fairly cheap and dialing it in for such a small tank could create large swings in PH and DKH. The X1 is perfect for AFR. I have 2 X1's that dose AFR and Vodka and they are very realiable and accurate.

Either way you need to be testing every day to dial it in and given the AFR takes a couple days to start supplying the tank and it only will take a very small amount to keep up with demand in a tank that small. LIkely only 2-5ml per day (assuming its not a 20g tank that is full of fully grown SPS)

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything wrong with what you have planned. I'm using a Kamoer dosing pump for kalk in the same manner. Kalk is a great additive, especially for a small tank. Just start with a small dosing amount, then test and adjust every couple of days. Its real easy to dial in. As you increase your kalk dosing, your ATO demand will fall. When you start to catch up with your ATO demand then i would add AFR or 2 part dosing on top of the Kalk.

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

One of my many dosing is Kalk. The dosing pumps didn't fail on me so far. When I did the flow calibration on them every couple months, the flow rates are pretty much stay the same after one year used.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back