Kessil a150w be sufficient?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Miketc17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Miketc17

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2014
Messages
301
Reaction score
38
Location
North Plainfield, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 27 gallon cube, 20x20x18. I currently have a Finnex Marine+ 20" and it's been doing great. I love the color and I get great coral growth. I have lots of zoas and a few lps and sps. I want to upgrade my light without breaking the bank. I was looking at the Kessil a150w 15k. Would this be sufficient lighting?
 
Last edited:
Its a nice light but for the pirce you do not get much, I would maybe suggest looking at reefbreeders, reef radiance or a small brand like that. I have the breeders values fixture and have gotten great growth on SPS, LPS and zoas. I will give Kessil that they make in my opinion the nicest looking fixture but again you get so little for the $220 (not controllable or dimmable without buying more equipment)
 
Its a nice light but for the pirce you do not get much, I would maybe suggest looking at reefbreeders, reef radiance or a small brand like that. I have the breeders values fixture and have gotten great growth on SPS, LPS and zoas. I will give Kessil that they make in my opinion the nicest looking fixture but again you get so little for the $220 (not controllable or dimmable without buying more equipment)

[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]The A160's are coming out real soon.

They are Controllable just like the A360 and will be more Powerful than the A150.

You can use the New Kessil Controller with them too.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
 
[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]The A160's are coming out real soon.

They are Controllable just like the A360 and will be more Powerful than the A150.

You can use the New Kessil Controller with them too.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Yea, I heard they were supposed to be out OCT/NOV. I wonder how much they will be, I would love to get one.
 
O.o thats it?! Well I guess I know what I am getting for my new tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new