Kessil A360x Power Supply (AC Adapter) Replacement

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not strictly lighting related, but the brick for my A360x went bad. I found this one on Amazon, but I'm concerned the amperage is greater by a bit than listed on the OEM adapter. Do you guys with some electronics background think this will work, or do I risk frying the lamp?

90W 19.5V 4.62A

Last edited:

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest to avoid buying cheap power supplies from amazon for LED lights.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not strictly lighting related, but the brick for my A360x went bad. I found this one on Amazon, but I'm concerned the amperage is greater by a bit than listed on the OEM adapter. Do you guys with some electronics background think this will work, or do I risk frying the lamp?

90W 19.5V 4.62A
As stated above VOLTAGE needs to be identical to the current power supply. Amps (watts) should be equal or greater than current power supply. No harm in greater unless extremely greater then you probably lose efficiency.

I second not using the cheaper Chinese ps's..

This one doesn't look too bad. :)

Or this Meanwell:

GST90A19-P1M
19V 90 Watt 4.74 Amps

OP
OP
Rovert

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help, guys. I managed to find the identical units (same brand) on eBay, ordered 2 just in case.

OP
OP
Rovert

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, I have a kessil that went out years ago, how did you determine it was the power supply?

It could be everything went out but easiest way to check the power supply is with a multimeter to see if you are getting xx volts from it.
Well, the joke is on me. Turns out after ordering two replacements, I tried the adapter again on my second lamp, and it worked. I probably didn't have it plugged in far enough. Lesson learned, but for $40, there's peace of mind to have backups. Did the same for the adapter for my Cor20 recirc pump. Never know when something is going to go bad.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back