Kessil Ap9x help

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I finally got the Ap9x in the mail today and hanging over my tank, the app is so confusing, I don’t know what to set the light to and trying to make a “custom” profile is so confusing, I just want my light to ramp up for two hours 8 a.m to 10:00 a.m then ramp down for 2 hours from 4:00 pm to 6 pm, I do not know how to do this so if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated, I have a mixed reef 90 gallon tank

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I finally got the Ap9x in the mail today and hanging over my tank, the app is so confusing, I don’t know what to set the light to and trying to make a “custom” profile is so confusing, I just want my light to ramp up for two hours 8 a.m to 10:00 a.m then ramp down for 2 hours from 4:00 pm to 6 pm, I do not know how to do this so if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated, I have a mixed reef 90 gallon tank
Just use the Tuna Blue program and edit the points from there. That's all I've ever done with the controller (the same should be true with the app). I would use Violet during peak hours and if you decide to add red and green, keep it low for now, say less than 10%. @Kessil can help here as well.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a video on the programming- Kessil App Operation - the programming begins at 6:20 into the video.

Alternatively, feel free to call us when you're in front of the lights, and we can help set it up for you then and there. We're available 8:30am to 5pm Pacific time. The number is 510.620.5250.

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just use the Tuna Blue program and edit the points from there. That's all I've ever done with the controller (the same should be true with the app). I would use Violet during peak hours and if you decide to add red and green, keep it low for now, say less than 10%. @Kessil can help here as well.
Awesome thank you!! I have never had a app controlled light so it’s a little confusing to me lol

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's a video on the programming- Kessil App Operation - the programming begins at 6:20 into the video.

Alternatively, feel free to call us when you're in front of the lights, and we can help set it up for you then and there. We're available 8:30am to 5pm Pacific time. The number is 510.620.5250.
Awesome thank you I will watch this video, I appreciate it, also is it normal for the light to look like it’s getting brighter and dimmer when it’s not set to do that?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back