Killer Emerald Crab?

  • Thread starter Thread starter litebulb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

litebulb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 29, 2016
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in my biocube 29 I have/had a purple firefish until it went missing. I was digging around checking out the rocks and as I turn the large rock over there is the ******* crab with a hunk of meat in his claw. I'm also missing 2 hi fin gobies but I found one hiding under the pump lol. Is this normal for anew emerald crab to kill my favorite fish? I put his butt on time out and threw him in my new to me 210 tank that's been running for a couple weeks.
 
They are crabs and if their primary food source isn't available, they'll eat just about anything they can get their claws on. I had one that ate 2 of my gobies and I've heard of them eating Zoas.:mad:
 
Man he was a healthy fish but I guess anything is possible. He loved hiding under the rock in holes and that crab snuck up on him I think. He would almost eat from my fingers (just was comfortable when I fed with being close, the fish of course)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new