Rating - 0%
0   0   0

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bumped into the FedEx guy as I was going to my car yesterday and he said, "Are you expecting a delivery?" To which I half-shrugged and said, "I usually am." LOL. It's a sickness. We need help.

Shipping 1.jpg

Shipping 2.jpg

Shipping 3.jpg
how is that even possible neil degrasse tyson GIF by StarTalk Radio with Neil deGrasse Tyson
Basketball Nba GIF by Indiana Pacers

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't even sleep last night. I was getting ready to go to bed after the mention. And POP *you've been tagged* I was like, huh whats going on. Oh long night.
Same! I was probably awake until 1am. I normally go to sleep by 10, but my brain got flooded with excitement when I saw a PM notification pop up in my email. I had even told myself I was done browsing the forum for the night. Lol

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW running on 2 hours of sleep and just got the coffee down. Woke my husband up at 4 am. The excitement.
When I woke up at 5am already thinking about my build today I knew I was UP. Haha. Coffee is an excellent idea.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
3 shots down! I still need to take the little one to the park. I can't take the dog anymore. She became so mean after my son was born. OMG. So we go for long walks in the cemetery.
Some spam!
20200605_101523.jpg
20200605_101532.jpg
20200205_133614.jpg \
She will hurt me if i play with him. I'm not allowed :(

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 shots down! I still need to take the little one to the park. I can't take the dog anymore. She became so mean after my son was born. OMG. So we go for long walks in the cemetery.
Some spam!
20200605_101523.jpg
20200605_101532.jpg
20200205_133614.jpg \
She will hurt me if i play with him. I'm not allowed :(
Omg, he is so cute!! I wonder why she got so possessive — is it of him or you? That's super sad. I hope she chills out for all of your sakes!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Omg, he is so cute!! I wonder why she got so possessive — is it of him or you? That's super sad. I hope she chills out for all of your sakes!
She loves my son. I never seen her so mean. No one is allowed to touch him.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is a day of mixed (but mostly exciting) news!

In addition to being one of the @noopsyche K7 V3 winners, I'm also going to START THE NEW BUILD today! Big thanks to one of my favorite people for hooking me up with the RSR 250. :)

Good news! My gimpy chromis that hasn't really moved off the sandbed since I got the replacement 40B up started swimming upward last night, and this morning is swimming against/on a rock ledge. I hope this means he's healing -- whatever physical or emotional trauma has had him down.

Sad news. The CUC I was so stoked on turned out to be $#!tty. The snails were half dead (discovered after following this vendor's specific acclimation instructions and dumping all twelve billion of them in the tank), one emerald crab was DOA, and the other is either injured or deformed, as half of his legs don't work, and he can barely move his arms/claws. He couldn't right himself from being face-first in the sand, and also can't manage to get himself to food. I don't know what to do with him because he'll surely starve to death. I've got him in an isolation tank with a few rocks and have been throwing a few pellets in. I'm hoping he'll Lazarus, because there's no humane way to deal with him right now other than watch and wait. :(

Dying Emerald.jpg

Also from this vendor, I received a pom pom crab without poms. He said he'll refund me if I MAIL THE CRAB BACK. Why does he want me to send him what will surely be a dead crab by then for a measly $18? Poms have super tiny claws, and the anemones they hold are what they use to catch food in the water column. I'm afraid he, too, will likely perish.

Pom Pom Crab without Anemones.jpg

MORE BUMMER NEWS: I think my sand-sifting sea star is dying. It didn't move much yesterday, and at night I thought it was dead so I went to retrieve it, and there is still a tiny amount of life in it. Again, do I have to watch these creatures die? I know these stars can be hard to keep alive, but I thought he'd have plenty to eat in my sand bed.

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Exciting news! My version of The @Eagle_Steve Nem Canon has been set up since about 3pm yesterday. No signs of my fat-bottomed BTA yet, but hopefully it'll come out soon. Whites will be coming on in about 20 minutes, so hopefully that helps. I don't want to have to blast, credit card, or dangle to get it to release its grasp on the rock. My RFA moved in right across from the BTA, so it moved above the sponge last night and should be easy to transfer.

Nem Canon.jpg

Sad news. My YWG, who I lovingly named Uncle Marv after my grumpy late uncle, is also dying. He came out yesterday for the first time in a bit (maybe day 2 of the replacement 40B being up). His eyes are completely white/translucent, and it almost looks like he has a hole in the side of his face. He was also doing big gasps with his mouth. I was going to transfer him to isolation, but he was between my two nems and I didn't get to him before he hid again.

After I saw Uncle Marv I immediately tested all of my water parameters and they are all the exact same they were when I tested two days ago. Everything has been really stable and consistent. So I don't know if he got accosted by something, is starving to death (I always chuck veggie pellets into his cave), or is sick.

Needless to say, I'll be moving him and the star to the isolation ward with the crippled emerald. :(

It's a rainy weekend in Utah, which means I might be rinsing my sand in the rain tomorrow. I finally got a dolly for my Brute, and have another coming Monday, so I'll be setting up my water station downstairs (thank GOD). I've been filling up 5-gallon buckets of RODI in my bathroom tub (which saved me from an overflow more than once), waddling them down the stairs, then sloshing them into the Brute. Like a savage. Haha.

I'm procrastinating moving a big-butt piece of furniture so I can actually get building. I'm going to have to wake up my grouchy son to help me, and that has been my least favorite part of the day for about 10 of his 18 years. LOL.

Stay tuned for *shiny new stuff*! :D

Last edited:

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CUC are so hard. I’ve had really awesome luck when ordering, and also really bad luck. I actually really like AquaSD for inverts. Also KP aquatics.

Yay!!! Water station. I too use to carry buckets around like a pioneer women. Thank god for pumps and hoses.

Good luck on the build, and getting your son up… I wish I could get my two to sleep in.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently my pumps I use for mixing and WCs got fried during The Great Tank Leak, and none of them work now.

Had to run to Petco to grab a new one, and accidentally applied to adopt another cat... ;Smuggrin

D7ABFDDC-24E0-4BCB-B358-70E01BD0B9ED.jpeg

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back