OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm...a Kessil controller and...um...checking...frag racks!
@James_O I know. :( When I checked my bank account this morning I nearly had a heart attack. No more tank spending (other than maintenance) until January!!

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@James_O I know. :( When I checked my bank account this morning I nearly had a heart attack. No more tank spending (other than maintenance) until January!!
I wasn't sure which gif to use in response to this...
download (1).jpg

OR...

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

Come on you can't miss out on BLACK FRIDAY at BRS!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't sure which gif to use in response to this...
download (1).jpg

OR...

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

Come on you can't miss out on BLACK FRIDAY at BRS!!!
Will Ferrell is always a win for me! I LOVE him. Like, love-love. <3

But! I really don't think I'll need anything other than salt. I'm pretty well stocked on everything. I do want a few more fish, so that might happen, but otherwise I'm gonna let it coast for a while. I'll boost my CUC crew if the tank starts needing it, since my RC order was largely dead. But that's IT. I've gotta funnel money into Christmas presents now!

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will Ferrell is always a win for me! I LOVE him. Like, love-love. <3

But! I really don't think I'll need anything other than salt. I'm pretty well stocked on everything. I do want a few more fish, so that might happen, but otherwise I'm gonna let it coast for a while. I'll boost my CUC crew if the tank starts needing it, since my RC order was largely dead. But that's IT. I've gotta funnel money into Christmas presents now!
It’s unfortunate I ordered from Reefcleaners as well and most of my CUC were dead the only survivors are a few crabs and nasarius snails

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s unfortunate I ordered from Reefcleaners as well and most of my CUC were dead the only survivors are a few crabs and nasarius snails
It really was terrible. :( I have seen about 3 baby nassarius snails and 4 hermits (and I already had some of both). I don't understand how some people have a great experience with them and others get a bunch of dead or sick animals. I just know I'll never give them my business again.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef cleaners seems to be really bad, even though some people still say they awesome and they always get healthy CUC.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really was terrible. :( I have seen about 3 baby nassarius snails and 4 hermits (and I already had some of both). I don't understand how some people have a great experience with them and others get a bunch of dead or sick animals. I just know I'll never give them my business again.
I've ordered from him probably 5-7 times in 2 years for different tanks. The first time I had a similar experience to you. I swore off every ordering again as I thought it was a colossal waste of money. However, I read some other reviews and tips and tricks. If you ever change your mind, I would recommend overnight shipping instead of through the post office. And put all your snails in a glass bowl in your tank. It does take a couple of days for them to "wake up." This way, they have a chance to recover before the hermits start to eat them. When they are ready, they will climb out of the bowl and into the sand, and any dead ones will stay in the bowl for easy removal.

However, there are a ton of vendors who sell different CUC, so I'm sure you can find some other good ones.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. Extra frag stand has been delivered so I can get this egg crate off the top-middle of my scape. Now I can move a few rocks and start actually *placing* these corals.

As I was writing this, my return pump started shooting ***** microbubbles. The built-in ATO isn't working. When I've got the energy to pull half of my sump apart, I'll fiddle with it. Until then, I just yanked the hose from the ATO reservoir and let it fill the return chamber.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 43 (yes FORTY-THREE) corals on the list I just made, but I'm pretty sure I counted 50 in the tank. I may not have accounted for freebies. :D Pray for me.
i remember not so long ago, in a live sale, a convo where "taking it slow" was the thought. ;)

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i remember not so long ago, in a live sale, a convo where "taking it slow" was the thought. ;)
What you are misremembering is that I capped myself at 10 for that live sale. ;) And they chucked in a few freebies. LOL.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 to 30.... ;)
Well, AquaSD had a Labor Day sale, then there was that POTO live sale, then the ReefTide live sale. And I got a few, with mixed results, from LiveAquaria. My eyes are sometimes bigger than my appetite.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back