JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see...
  • The pharmacy is out of my medication and I couldn't make myself drive to the next city to get it filled there, so we'll see what happens next :oops:
  • I bought more Rice Krispy Treats, ice cream, donuts, Coke Zero, and pizza (I must have been hungry)
  • Made the pizza, ate the ice cream
  • Spent some time with the boyo showing each other our favorite TikToks
  • And that brings us to now
I guess it's still early here, right? 2:40? Time to get to it.
I bought Coke Zero on your recommendation yesterday. I hope it lives up to the hype KB!

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should mention that I get it. Like I was going to use the equipment from my current tank on the new tank which is why I got the 4 foot tank instead of the 5 foot tank. I already had all the equipment to support it. Guess which equipment from the old tank is going on the new one. Anyone? Anyone?

So, boxes show up daily, 2 of my credit cards had the limits increased (NOT helpful), UPS/FedEx/USPS/Amazon guys are now expecting Xmas gifts... anarchy
Yuuuuup. I'm going to be using most of the equipment from my original setup, but I did have to replace a few things that moved over to the new tank. And then my eyes and impulses get the better of me...

I bought Coke Zero on your recommendation yesterday. I hope it lives up to the hype KB!
You're gonna love it! I'm having one for breakfast. :p

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yuuuuup. I'm going to be using most of the equipment from my original setup, but I did have to replace a few things that moved over to the new tank. And then my eyes and impulses get the better of me...

You're gonna love it! I'm having one for breakfast. :p
I am on number 3 already;Joyful

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of whoopsies, I accidentally ordered some stuff for the new setup... Someone should freeze my PayPal account from 11pm to 7am.

Schitts Creek Oops GIF by CBC
ops ups here we come
ups.jpg

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now you are freeking me out :D
I need an another drink
pineapple martini, chocolate martini or frozen strawberry margarita is for after 5pm :p

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I hit a fun, dorky little milestone today. My nitrates, without doing a water change, are below 5ppm!

1635219975048.png

This means I finally got to use my Hanna Nitrate LR checker. :D

Hanna Nitrate 25 Oct 2021.jpg

Magnesium and calcium are kind of high, but I'm sure the ten million corals I have impulsively purchased in the last two months will gobble 'em up in no time and get things leveled off.

1635220303840.png

My insomnia purchase today included some premium aquacultured live rock from KP Aquatics, and some fun inverts, so that's exciting. As I'm going through the checklist of what I'll need for the second tank, I think I'm pretty well set. Tank, stand, filter, skimmer, powerheads, heater + inkbird, lights, sand, water, 40 lbs of live rock, and 20 SPS frags ready to find their forever home.

Tomorrow I'm going to get to it with tweaking the scape in the RSR250 and gluing frags. I should have all sorts of fun pictures to post soon. I took a pic of the inside of my cabinet tonight, but I think I'll save it for a before and after. It's such a mess. I decided to do whatever it is I'm going to do to get my cords sorted by Sunday. Mark your calendars. :p

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I hit a fun, dorky little milestone today. My nitrates, without doing a water change, are below 5ppm!

1635219975048.png

Magnesium and calcium are kind of high, but I'm sure the ten million corals I have impulsively purchased in the last two months will gobble 'em up in no time and get things leveled off.

1635220303840.png

My insomnia purchase today included some premium aquacultured live rock from KP Aquatics, and some fun inverts, so that's exciting. As I'm going through the checklist of what I'll need for the second tank, I think I'm pretty well set. Tank, stand, filter, skimmer, powerheads, heater + inkbird, lights, sand, water, 40 lbs of live rock, and 20 SPS frags ready to find their forever home.

Tomorrow I'm going to get to it with tweaking the scape in the RSR250 and gluing frags. I should have all sorts of fun pictures to post soon. I took a pic of the inside of my cabinet tonight, but I think I'll save it for a before and after. It's such a mess. I decided to do whatever it is I'm going to do to get my cords sorted by Sunday. Mark your calendars. :p
Where is your alkalinity in relation to the calcium and magnesium? That’s important to keep stable With the coral in the tank.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1635219975048.png

1635220303840.png

That ca is high too at least compared my targets. And look out for that no3 and po4 they are low(ish) but I think those levels are just fine if they just stay there.

so how is your fridge looking after you spent all your money on your reef ? ;)
Ok good... got nervous when I didn't see it in your chart. "Is she testing Ask??? Better ask"
Give her credit. You have to trust the woman bought 10 gazillions of corals on impulse :D

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok good... got nervous when I didn't see it in your chart. "Is she testing Ask??? Better ask"
Yessir. :) I test for and track pH, KH, NH3, NO3, PO4, Mg, Ca.

That ca is high too at least compared my targets.
It's high for my targets, too. You'll see it has been this high before and levels out in a few days. I'm going to retest tonight on the off chance there was an error. ;)

so how is your fridge looking after you spent all your money on your reef ? ;)
Ridiculously full. Lol. My pantry doth overflow.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yessir. :) I test for and track pH, KH, NH3, NO3, PO4, Mg, Ca.

It's high for my targets, too. You'll see it has been this high before and levels out in a few days. I'm going to retest tonight on the off chance there was an error. ;)

Ridiculously full. Lol. My pantry doth overflow.
Guys there is a party coming up @kittenbritches :D

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this is the wrong thread to say that I don’t like zero coke? ;Walkingdead
No problem @James_O we will get you a can with full sugar. Doesn’t matter when you put the brandy in it though.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back