Klir Filter Review.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure they do. But rest assured if they don’t they’ll take care of you ASAP.

manohack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the di-7 and installed over the weekend and everything was ready to go.
Alarm went off for the first turn of the roll. Reset manually turn the roll now back on again wait for the next rolling see what happens
I have question for you guys who had it installed in your sump is every time the roll turning it makes your skimmer overflow? Mine did that
Thanks
6870C433-382F-41B5-8B5F-A9FB0EFD5A6A.jpeg
E25A4BB6-9843-4738-91A0-B6434F145093.jpeg

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In regards to the DI-4, they need to redesign the frame for the fleece. My unit is always springing multiple leaks near the sides which basically makes the filter roller inefficient. I can always tell when I take a quick look in the sump and there is more than normal amount of detritus and then I need to manually trigger the roller a few turns. This is happening enough to be annoying. (3~4x a day)
You'll normally see this when the well starts to fill due to the fleece starting to clog.
Either the cutouts need to be smaller so that there is more sidewall and support or the paper needs to be 1/8" wider, maybe both if it'll fix this.

Trueblue17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive been having all the issues from my klir di 7 ,but have a ticket and new parts on the way but in the meantime ive been tryin to figure out what the problem is and its definitely the motor is not strong enough , CV has sent out a new motor and bottom assembly but ive noticed something that is definitely contributing to the problems , ive notice when mine will start beeping and will not roll , if I lift the unit so the water drains out of the klir chamber and try the motor it will roll when it doesn't have the weight of the water pushing the fleece against the sides ,when he fleece starts to get clogged and the chamber fills up , the weight of the water pushing on the fleece is causing too much friction , and when the chamber is full of water ,its even really hard to turn with your hand and when you do you can feel the pressure release and the roll will start to roll easier as the water exits , I think if they reduced the size of the chamber so it doesn't hold so much water and create so much pressure on the fleece , that could help it roll properly. I lowered my sensor as low as possible so it will roll abit sooner and it seemed to reduce the amount of alarms I was getting but it is going through a roll abit faster than my first roll , my first roll lasted about 2 months

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the di-7 and installed over the weekend and everything was ready to go.
Alarm went off for the first turn of the roll. Reset manually turn the roll now back on again wait for the next rolling see what happens
I have question for you guys who had it installed in your sump is every time the roll turning it makes your skimmer overflow? Mine did that
Thanks
6870C433-382F-41B5-8B5F-A9FB0EFD5A6A.jpeg
E25A4BB6-9843-4738-91A0-B6434F145093.jpeg

I LOVE this sump! Who makes it?

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is Marine Depot 30” sump

I just use an old 40g breeder, but I like how your Klir is separated from the other areas of the tank. Mine is not (I use one of the standalone brackets for it), and I'm considering building an acrylic open top box to set the whole thing inside of, similar to yours. I do still get some debris in my tank for various reasons, and I feel like the separate chamber will make it easier to clean the debris out on a regular basis. Love yours!

manohack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use an old 40g breeder, but I like how your Klir is separated from the other areas of the tank. Mine is not (I use one of the standalone brackets for it), and I'm considering building an acrylic open top box to set the whole thing inside of, similar to yours. I do still get some debris in my tank for various reasons, and I feel like the separate chamber will make it easier to clean the debris out on a regular basis. Love yours!

Organized wires for better clean look

6D67395F-F8D5-48AF-8B7C-42631AA0CE0A.jpeg

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what it the advantage of running two in your sump. With a step down sock system like yours does the second one even have anything to filter out? I would have thought the first one would do the majority of the work.

I found this answer already written on our website, so I pasted it below and included a link to the blog and accompanying video.

One thing I've heard over and over from people who run two is that it really extends the time between replacement rolls. 2+ months without having to change mechanical filtration sounds great to me (I still need to get one).

The Klir Di-4 unit can handle flows up to 750 GPH. The Klir Di-7 can handle flow up to 1800 GPH.

So if you have a sump that holds two filter socks but you are only moving 600gph, you technically only need one Klir filter. You can then install a diverter cap, which is sold separately, on the open filter sock holder to either close or reduce the flow that will bypass the Klir filter.

On the other hand, if you have the same sump and you are moving 1000 gph, you will need to run two Klir fiters in a master/slave setting where both Klir filter motors are connected to a single controller with a single sensor. SOURCE

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that I have a step down sump. And yes it extends the life drastically. Essentially the first filter will clog up. I allow the water to overflow to the second filter. And once that one clogs they both turn since I use the sensor on the second filter. I hope they makes sense.

Back