OP
Steve Dillon

Steve Dillon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I screwed up.. just thought less stress if he could see his tank mates..

1451431003245.jpg

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

In Malaysia we have a ich medicine that use by many reefer. is was made by a reefer i hear and the ingredient no one know. But many of Malaysia reefer try and said is very effective and coral , invert safe.

I have ich in my tank , all my fish was wipe out.
Now i am doing the fellow method and also dosing the medicine in to my main tank. The treatment need to be 7 days.
You can't use any uv light while dosing this medicine. So far i have LPS and SPS in my tank also invent, all are doing fine.

I also set up a QT for all my new fish , i will Quarantine my fish at least 3week before the fish in to the main system. Other reefer that have use this medicine told me the ich will not come back once you use this medicine , the ich will be wipe out in the system. Unless you introduce new fish and they have ich issue.
See if he can sell that over here or let us know how to get it

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish he has a spot now.. ich x doesnt work.. what is the best stuff to get?

If it's ich, Cupramine is what most people like to use. However, Coppersafe and Copper Power are good products as well. However, your QT being in such close proximity to the DT might be an issue due to aerosol transmission.

Voltaire81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish can correct me if I'm wrong here.

If the Kole has ich and you had him in your DT, then the DT likely has ich now. You may need to treat all your fish.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish can correct me if I'm wrong here.

If the Kole has ich and you had him in your DT, then the DT likely has ich now. You may need to treat all your fish.

^^This is correct. However, it would be best to see a recent pic of the Kole Tang and his white spot to confirm this is ich before treating all the fish.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Steve Dillon If it helps, I just got a Tomini in QT with ich. Pics below to help determine if you are seeing the same on your Kole.

Here are photos of visible ich on the fins

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I'm not the best photographer, but here are photos of ich on the body

OP
OP
Steve Dillon

Steve Dillon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess im going to loose him.. no visible spots but he didnt eat this morning. Cooper level is still untraceable. Next dose will be tomorrow. He stays in the pvc t... other fish still have no visible changes.. eats fine..

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess im going to loose him.. no visible spots but he didnt eat this morning. Cooper level is still untraceable. Next dose will be tomorrow. He stays in the pvc t... other fish still have no visible changes.. eats fine..

If he had been eating, he can go days or even weeks and still be fine. Unless this is velvet instead of ich.

OP
OP
Steve Dillon

Steve Dillon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He had been eating and grazing on nori.. but he didnt eat this morning I tested the tank and have a slight ammonia of .2 I quickly added bacteria and will retest in the morning might just be a tester error.. does velvet come and go?

JadeM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I still have my coral beauty I had for a year then came down with a few spots they went, came back the next day then went and so on and never has had them since the water quality was perfect and every other fish was fine and are on high quality foods too, I don't know why it happened tho :confused:

OP
OP
Steve Dillon

Steve Dillon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that treatment is copper based products.. so maybe tomorrow's dose will bring up the copper level and he will snap out of it.. Im not new to the hobby just the quarantine and disease stuff..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back