• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

KUNG-FU Corals - THREE Thumbs Up!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kung-Fu Corals is a relatively new vendor in the San Diego area that has a brick-and-mortar storefront, and also does coral mail orders. Their online store seems to mostly deal in Euphyllia - with hammers, frogspawns, octospawns, and torches of all different colors, and all different price points. With my rescape well underway, I was looking around at various different vendors for a yellow octospawn. I found a bunch of ludicrously priced ones - $199 a head from some of the typically overpriced online vendors. So, as I typically do, I did an image search for images no more than a month old, and started looking that way. I found the typical overpriced ones, and then I came across some from a company called Kung Fu Corals that I had never heard of before. I followed the link, and found a highlighter yellow octospawn for $44 per head (it was, I believe Black Friday, so there was a discount in effect). I was after a mini colony for a possible home for a clown, so I ordered up three polyps for less than 200 bucks shipped.

Box arrived very nicely packed with a 4 hour heatpack and an actual formed styro coral shipper box. But during the acclimation process, I noticed a small bit of damage on one head - there was a septum exposed and the tissue was damaged. So I let them know, I dipped the coral in coralRX, rinsed it in clean tank water, and into my display it went. Well, the damage got worse. The next morning, the tissue was sloughing off of that first head and a second head was showing a bit of skeleton. So, again, I let them know. I fragged off the two damaged heads and went off to work.

I had literally the worst day ever that day. A friend of mine had killed themselves two weeks prior and keeping it all pushed back really was giving me problems. When someone gave me a card that morning, it just led to a really bad day. Thinking about a poor, dying coral really didn't help at all. Later that afternoon, I started getting a bunch of emails, and then a bunch of texts from the guys at Kung-Fu Corals telling me that, although they couldn't refund the shipping on my order, that they would replace my coral with any of the frogspawns or octospawns they had - they even offered up some hammers. They also told me that they would throw in one head of a gold torch to make up for having to pay shipping twice. It was such an uplifting end to such a crappy day that I almost couldn't process it. They had no idea I was going through a bad day, they were just doing what I can only assume they would do for any customer receiving a damaged coral. I chose the same coral I had ordered, and they said they would send me three heads of that the next day. Sure enough, they texted tracking that afternoon, and I went to pick up the box at 11am.

Technically, they did send me a coral with three polyps. There are three rings of septae, but quite a few more mouths than that. One of the polyps is a nearly divided double, and the other polyp is a nearly divided triple. And they included an awesome nearly rainbow gold hammer single head frag as well - it has that subtle green edge to the gold tentacles.

output_image1638553719049.jpg

No exposed skeleton, no exposed septae, good healthy corals. And I am certain that the corals they packed were healthy when they left - I am toward the afternoon for that delivery service, and stops and starts, corners, jostling, and bumps all take their toll. I almost feel bad to even report shipping damage because it just sucks for everyone. The vendor is out, I am out shipping and holding onto a dying coral. It just sucks. These guys went above and beyond. They were responsive, they were understanding, they stood behind their product, and they did MORE than the right thing. They essentially sent me a coral that was twice the size of what I ordered - yes, it was TECHNICALLY only three polyps, but it has 6 mouths... AND a polyp of gold hammer for 'my troubles'.

12-4-21_rescape2.jpg

A fully-expanded new centerpiece. It is actually YELLOW, not like some of the things that pass for yellow frog/octospawns on some vendors' sites.

I can't suggest checking them out enough. Yep, they do have some of the very expensive 'grail', 'double-grail', and 'unobtanium' types, but their prices on the non-highest end stuff are some of the most affordable I have seen, especially on Euphyllias - where the modus defacto is of most other vendors is price gouging. These guys will stand by you in the event that things don't go 100% right, and they have some pretty great prices.

Check them out.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back