Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not really present my fishes and why I have them. I´ll try to better in this way and I will start and present a very calm and friendly fish Zoramia leptacantha

It has been one of my favourites for many years – its not fish of bright colours but it has a beautifulness that few fishes live up to. There is many different colours making them like butterflies – the colour depends on light and the angel of incoming light .

It is a sensitive species according to long transports and stress in the new environment but when they have acclimated itself – they are hardy and friendly. They are often together in small gatherings – they are normally not shoaling – if you use the scientific term – but form small groups that react independently to each other.

I have four and I plan to get some more

Some photos

1.jpg

2.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Those eyes.... [emoji15] Amazing

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that what a snail does to multiply? I have never seen that before.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - it was two sitting 40 cm apart that let out gametes. I had babies in the start of the aquarium and maybe it was time again. I have seen it before but never get the opportunity to film it in this way

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my last Triton test back today and it was a rather pleasant reading with one exception – my Si concentration. As I have described before – I have a rather odd construction of a DSB – I have a reversed flow through it. The first part of the DSB was constructed with help of Siporax. In the bottom. This part is probably anaerobic, and it seems like the Siporax dissolve Silicia to the water during anaerobic conditions like this.

The Si readings was above 19, 000 microgram/l. !!!! :)

I have suspected high levels – but this….

However, I have decided to make a water change (have not changed for a year) and will start with 50 l tomorrow (15 %). Will probably follow it up with some more WC in the coming weeks. I have also decided to use Triton Pure Salt 2.0. They have a own way of delivering the salt – you get 3 bags with white powder and 3 bottles. In 50 l portions, I like the concept – you do not need to worry about bad mixing and so on.

Sincerely Lasse

Attachments

• 171214 triton.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 152

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your “Mad Scientist” approach to Reefing!! ;)

Finally finished reading all 36 pages. It was very interesting and it gave me a few new ideas. I’ll be following along to see what you come up with next. :)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lot of sponges for a while but at the moment its only pineapple sponges that seems to be there. I´m not sure that this high levels not is harmful for my aquaria. I think I know where the problem is – my Siporax. My real problem is that these Siporax is located 25 cm down in my DSB. Its rather easy to dig it up and replace it – will take some hours – but it has taken me 1.5 years to establish my DSB and I fear what’s happen if I disturb it now. But probably I will dig it up in January but solve the current problem with WC.

Sincerely Lasse

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sometimes you are at the right place at the right time - do not think that it is many that have seen this like I did - 30 minutes ago

snail-sex.jpg

snail-sex2.jpg

And I catch it on video too

Sincerely Lasse

@TikiBird check out the video. Cool.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done one more 50 litres WC today. Yesterday I did a colour comparison between my one year old water and new mixed saltwater. I use an oxidator in order to avoid yellowing of the water. It has been some yellowing in spite of this but a rather slight yellow tint after 1 year without WC I´m going to change from 6 % peroxide solution to a 9 % solution in the future – I´m rising the dose a little.

yellow.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea - but I think its rather good for 1 year old water.

@najer How many catalyst do you use?

Sincerely Lasse

I use 2 catalysts.
Your water looks great for a year old, I had an extended power cut in September so had to do water changes due to die off, my water went "yellow" for a couple of months.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done one more 50 litres WC today. Yesterday I did a colour comparison between my one year old water and new mixed saltwater. I use an oxidator in order to avoid yellowing of the water. It has been some yellowing in spite of this but a rather slight yellow tint after 1 year without WC I´m going to change from 6 % peroxide solution to a 9 % solution in the future – I´m rising the dose a little.

yellow.jpg

Sincerely Lasse
Looks remarkably clear for a year in.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

yellow.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Double post so I'll use this to say that I'm leaning towards getting and oxydator as well. I just have to decide where to place it.

Do you have suggestions in that regard?

Cheers, Tony

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back