Lasses Dream Build

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another co working couple :)

And the tank has been rather turbid the last month - and I know why :)

Sincerely Lasse

I think this is very cool. I need to get this pair in my tank :)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suddenly - its happen a lot in the aquarium - some species that have been very shy has start to makes som shows in the aquaria. Since 1 year I have a wetmorella nigropinnata in the aquaria. It has been impossible to catch on a video - more than a fast swim by - but here is a little bit longer video

Sincerely Lasse

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suddenly - its happen a lot in the aquarium - some species that have been very shy has start to makes som shows in the aquaria. Since 1 year I have a wetmorella nigropinnata in the aquaria. It has been impossible to catch on a video - more than a fast swim by - but here is a little bit longer video

Sincerely Lasse

"Inhabits [...] caves and crevices. A secretive species." Sounds like a good description to me! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to get my reef up and running.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And some pictures - the favourite for the moment and two that has been very difficult to take dissent pictures off

Alien.jpg

Midnight.jpg

Wetmorella.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Reef Monkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I saw something between the spines of my black urchin.
It looks like he/she had picked up something. However – a closer look revealed that this “something” was moving around – it was a crab. In 17 months – I have not seen this guy before and have no clue where he/she come from.

That crab is taking the text-book definition of a hitch-hiker a bit too literally. :)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fill up with new photos. On new member in my little society. He/she has been in my fuge for a week. Nowadays I try to have new members in my fuge for a week or two so they slowly can adapt to my aquarium. It must leave the fuge today because one of the LFS rung me up this morning and told me that they had some small fishes they know I was out after. After coming there – get the chance to pick out 2 that I want from 3 plastic bags – doing my choice and loudly stated that I will only take 2 – went home and put my bags in the aquarium to get the same temperature – I discover that I picked up two different species of the genus I want. I did not matter – because I already have one of the species – and two is not a wrong choice. But ….. the one remaining at the LFS – which species was that? – picking up the phone and ask them – is the one left red or brown in its basic colour. Red – yea – that means that it is now one more waiting for me at the LFS. I´m satisfied – but it cost me a little bit more that I want – but can probably live with that – and after a great explanation for my wife about how seldom this fishes shows up here in Gothenburg - she can probably live with it also – but her comments when she saw the fishes was - But – even if its seldom showing up at a LFS – I know these fishes – they seldom shows up even in the aquaria…… After a long marriage – you can´t have any secrets – she know that I love fishes that are very shy and shows up rather seldom. Which genus – I´ll tell when I am able to take some pictures – and that will take time.

But for now – pipefish number 3

pipefish-1.jpg

piefish-2.jpg

pipefishh-3.jpg

My pyjama cardinals have start to spawn. One male has been active for half a year – it looks like my original 7 – only one was a male. I got 3 more – half a year ago, at least one of them was a male. Now I have two with eggs/larvae in their mouths

pregnant.jpg

One of the most beautiful fishes I know – does not look very beautiful if you look at it from a distance – but close to them – that´s an other story

cardinal.jpg

Most of the tank

FTS.jpg

And a montipora that´s (after 1 year) started to growth, beautiful green colour

coral1.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dana Riddle The slender birds nest I put into my aquarium 3 weeks ago - seems clearly change its phenotype to a mor bushy variant - as I aspected

branching.jpg

I will leave this as it is but over this - that have been in the aquaria for 2.5 months - I will soon put a source of far red

birds-nest.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dana Riddle The slender birds nest I put into my aquarium 3 weeks ago - seems clearly change its phenotype to a mor bushy variant - as I aspected

branching.jpg

I will leave this as it is but over this - that have been in the aquaria for 2.5 months - I will soon put a source of far red

birds-nest.jpg

Sincerely Lasse
That is fascinating!

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

branching.jpg

birds-nest.jpg

Sincerely Lasse
Beautiful specimens. For reasons I cannot explain, we were never able to propagate Seriatoporas at Wildlife and I have never tried one in my private aquaria. There was plenty of flow in the Wildlife tanks (Acropora species were never an issue) so I suspect it was lighting, or *perhaps* animosity (chemical warfare) between the Seriatoporas and other corals. I would suspect flow for being responsible for your morphs, but again m experiences are very limited with this genus. What do you think?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful specimens. For reasons I cannot explain, we were never able to propagate Seriatoporas at Wildlife and I have never tried one in my private aquaria. There was plenty of flow in the Wildlife tanks (Acropora species were never an issue) so I suspect it was lighting, or *perhaps* animosity (chemical warfare) between the Seriatoporas and other corals. I would suspect flow for being responsible for your morphs, but again m experiences are very limited with this genus. What do you think?
I think that flow was the original assumption. This was a more controlled test showing it seems to be tied to a band of red lighting, if I recall correctly.

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that flow was the original assumption. This was a more controlled test showing it seems to be tied to a band of red lighting, if I recall correctly.
Thanks! I must admit I have not read this thread's 34 pages. It appears I should. Thanks again!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back