Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank..

if those blue glass fish ever span can you please send me some of there offspring.... Please

No spawn reported yet. 3 years ago you could find plenty of them in every flee market in Sweden; nowadays you will be glad if you find 1 after visiting 20 flee markets. Probably because of overfishing :) When my wife want to visit a flee market I say - only if I´m allowed to buy a fish of glass if there is anyone.

Sincerely Lasse

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No spawn reported yet. 3 years ago you could find plenty of them in every flee market in Sweden; nowadays you will be glad if you find 1 after visiting 20 flee markets. Probably because of overfishing :) When my wife want to visit a flee market I say - only if I´m allowed to buy a fish of glass if there is anyone.

Sincerely Lasse
Obviously the Save the Glass fish need to push for better regulations and Protection of there Natural habitat. maybe i can print some with my new 3d Printer.. and Restock the environment with cheap plastic knock offs ..

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously the Save the Glass fish need to push for better regulations and Protection of there Natural habitat. maybe i can print some with my new 3d Printer.. and Restock the environment with cheap plastic knock offs ..

Lasse, made me think. One of my workers, worked at Disneyland 1970-1983in Anaheim, Ca? GLASSBLOWER see if he can breed some/make some.:p

Maybe do a go fund. Save glassy the fish.

:) :) :)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some updated photos

back.jpg

clam.jpg

clam2.jpg

coral.jpg

eu1.jpg

mushroom.jpg

refugium..jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

My name is Lasse Forsberg and I live in small place named Bohus – 20 kilometres north Gothenburg, Sweden. I got my first tank 1961 when I was eleven years old and lived in an inland country town 160 kilometres from Gothenburg – I had it for a couple of years but soon I become a teenager and get interested of some other living things. Back in 1974 when I move to Gothenburg together with my girlfriend I started with aquariums again. Today - the same girlfriend is my wife since 39 years ago so there has not been any reason to stop the hobbyJ. For those that is good in math – I know that 1974 is 42 years ago but here in Sweden – we like to test things for a long time before we decide us – at least the female part need timeJ. The best things with long partnership is that different project does not always need to be wife approved – only wife accepted.

My professional life has been everything that have with water, fish, water treatment, fish farming and public aquariums to do – both from a biological and technical point of view. I´m retired since 1 year ago but still working with recirculated fish farming (farming catfish) and with one of the public aquariums in Gothenburg – Sjöfartsmuseet Akvariet.

My old tank that I started 6 years ago did not work very well this summer and I was very busy during the autumn and in January I sold that aquarium (and another well working aquarium).

This movie show my Percula 120 during spring 2015 and the picture show my Red Sea Max 130.

pic0.jpg

However – I had a plan to start another tank – a tank that should be little like showcase what I have learned during my more than 40 year as an aquarist. In January this year I order an aquarium from Poland – a custom build tank with a display tank of 300 litres.

This is the first idea

pic1.jpg

This was the final order - I want it like this. I send some text and some pictures to a guy that did not speak Swedish and not so good English either (and I do not speak Polish !) I have a friend that speak Polish so if I got some question - he could help me - I hope. The delivery (pre pay) was promised to be early march. After paying - the sound of silence was my Polish aquarium builders signature tune. No questions - no contact

pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

March pass by - no Aquarium - a little bit nervous. My wife looks at me with special expression in her face. (after 42 years, I know what that look means) April start - and finally I got a e-mail - delivery on Monday. The tank arrived on Tuesday (same week)

pic 4.jpg

It was perfect - it was like I wanted it.

Now - the build could start - I let the pictures talk for them selves

pic 6.jpg

pic 7.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic11.jpg

This was the technical part. Lets start with the aesthetic part of the aquarium

Left corner

pic 13.jpg

pic 15.jpg

From the right

pic12.jpg

Right corner

pic14.jpg

Hiding Chinese wavemakers - left

pic16.jpg

pic 18.jpg

pic17.jpg

Right corner

pic19.jpg

pic20.jpg

I´ll come back with the biological part

Sincerely Lasse

Hi Lasse, i love this background and your way of hiding the powerheads and I’m thinking of using this background in a new office tank I’m setting up shortly and have found a supplier in the UK, how is it to cut and drill? And once cut do you have to seal the edges to prevent any leeching? Did you use the limestone type? Sorry for all the questions.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lasse, i love this background and your way of hiding the powerheads and I’m thinking of using this background in a new office tank I’m setting up shortly and have found a supplier in the UK, how is it to cut and drill? And once cut do you have to seal the edges to prevent any leeching? Did you use the limestone type? Sorry for all the questions.

It is easy to cut and drill and you normally do not need to seal it. However - hermits can eat of the softer part (inside). I will take a photo tomorrow. You can get some assembly instructions here - but it seems like they are reconstruct the homepage - it is mixed English and german :) You clue it with silicon - but one important tips is to use black silicon. Otherwise - you can get some unwanted mirror or reflection phenomenons.

I use a mix between normal rock colours and limestone. Looks a little odd in the beginning - but after a while - you will not see any difernces

Sincerely Lasse

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back