Lasses Dream Build

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some flatworms - scooter blenny is very good. At the moment I do not have a scooter blenny because my giant sally lightfoot crab seems to like fish that behaves in that way. However - I will move sally sooner or later. Atapsia - peppermint shrimp or some file fish. My file fish is in my refugium for the moment - he likes some other things too. But when my atapsia have grown a little bit more (becomming a problem) he/she will be moved over for a week or two. I will get some more peppermints too. For bristleworms (a lot of small in the refugium but not in the DT) - a banded coralshrimp is good. I have taken some acropora from tanks with acropora eating flatworms - have no problem in my tank - probably because of my pipefishes. The yellow wrasses, the posoum wrasses and the leopard wrase take some things too. and the hermits takes whatever :)

Sincerely Lasse
Any natural methods for RTN/STN?

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any natural methods for RTN/STN?

Not some that I have tested - but I think that a stable tank with well-established microbial diversity will work against some type of STN at least. RTN is another question. But I think that we take symptoms and make them to diseases. I have some corals that I for sure have some type of ultra-slow tissue necrose, but I can´t not single out a reason. Probably – there is something that’s put them under stress, or some special nutrients is lacking. On the other hand – in other aquaria I have had corals that slowly, very slowly get smaller and smaller but in my present aquaria grow like pests. My experiences with STN is that the real trigger for it can be of different sources but a combination of chemical factors and monocultures of microorganisms will make it worse. In any of my earlier tanks – I have seen brown yellow disease among my euphyllia – still not seen it in my present tank. I have noted one interesting thing with one type of euphyllia – I have a large colony at one place – it grows very well – I took some good-looking heads from it and placed 15 cm apart from the main colony. For around half a year – this new colony get smaller and smaller and is gone today – no real clue why.

Sincerely Lasse

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a clam today - it looks good - i put it together with some of my old ones - and now I see how much they heve grown ........

Here is the new one

clam1.jpg

And together with the others :)

clam3.jpg

And this I pick up at on LFS - looks not so well but I hope it will be good in the long run. Do not know what it is - but looks interesting

unknown.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

The clams are beautiful! The photos did trigger a flash back of the movie Little Shop of Horrors (Rick Moranis version) :D

Greneis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now - the aquaria is more or less 31 month old and it is 1 year since last water change

Sincerely Lasse

I have been reading your thread over the last week or so. You can see how much love and energy you put into your tank. It is exquisite! What is the name of the fish on the left of the first video post? I see it in most of your videos, but I cannot identify it. Red/blue/yellow/spotted.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not some that I have tested - but I think that a stable tank with well-established microbial diversity will work against some type of STN at least. RTN is another question. But I think that we take symptoms and make them to diseases. I have some corals that I for sure have some type of ultra-slow tissue necrose, but I can´t not single out a reason. Probably – there is something that’s put them under stress, or some special nutrients is lacking. On the other hand – in other aquaria I have had corals that slowly, very slowly get smaller and smaller but in my present aquaria grow like pests. My experiences with STN is that the real trigger for it can be of different sources but a combination of chemical factors and monocultures of microorganisms will make it worse. In any of my earlier tanks – I have seen brown yellow disease among my euphyllia – still not seen it in my present tank. I have noted one interesting thing with one type of euphyllia – I have a large colony at one place – it grows very well – I took some good-looking heads from it and placed 15 cm apart from the main colony. For around half a year – this new colony get smaller and smaller and is gone today – no real clue why.

Sincerely Lasse
I heard raw egg does wonders. Just saying

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been reading your thread over the last week or so. You can see how much love and energy you put into your tank. It is exquisite! What is the name of the fish on the left of the first video post? I see it in most of your videos, but I cannot identify it. Red/blue/yellow/spotted.

Thank you - Is this the one you asked for?

I heard raw egg does wonders. Just saying
Why not - rich in amino acids and protein - but your skimmer will work a lot.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now - my aquarium has been running for 35 months - and I´m still rather pleased with how it has developed. I have some aiptasia and I got an Acreichthys tomentosus but he/she liked a lot more too. Now there is a new and very small individual of this species in my refugium waiting for my DT.

But it is the end of the month - and it is time for a new video

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all

Looks beautiful as always.

I am still trying to figure out your powerheads and powerhead cycle. :) Watching the flow start and stop quickly.

The cycle is around 0.7 sec. I use two Jebao RW/PP 8 and two of their AQLink S1 WiFi Jebao Adapter. This adapter is one of the best control devices I have test. I have the possibility to use my Profilux P4 but these controllers give me the possibility to change mode on a daily schedule. It means that I can run wavemaker flow, constant flow, reef mode flow, mixed mode flow and some more during the day. I can also vary the intensity of the flow. Different aquariums need different time cycles – you have to test out which will give the best. These pumps is hidden in the Back to Nature modules – you can´t see them but I can change them out if I need. In three years – I have changed out 1 on each position - I think it's a reasonable shelf life, given the short cycles I use and that I have not clean them periodically. I use Jebao or Coral Box pumps all over. Of the normal type (not wavemakers) I have not change any one during this three year (for some of them) However – I have always new spare pumps at home.

Sincerely Lasse

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started out reading the article you posted a link to in another thread about "The Lasse Method", (Great article by the way) and 4 hours later I just finished this build thread. :)

What an amazing journey! Not only is your tank incredible, but the pictures you have posted are really top notch. All your experience really shows and your results speak for themselves. Great thread!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I started out reading the article you posted a link to in another thread about "The Lasse Method", (Great article by the way) and 4 hours later I just finished this build thread. :)

What an amazing journey! Not only is your tank incredible, but the pictures you have posted are really top notch. All your experience really shows and your results speak for themselves. Great thread!
For a swede he is great:):):):):):):):).

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you very much.

Sincerely Lasse

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back