Lasses Dream Build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by Lasse, Apr 26, 2016.

1. najer

najer Valuable Member

Great pics, I love my tassle file fish, a proper community fish. :)

norfolkgarden, Hemmdog, Raege and 2 others like this.

2. Lasse

Lasse Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

I bought this as Acreichthys tomentosus and it is from TMC - but I´m nor sure - it is rather small 3 - 4 cm but it looks like it have tasslers like the tassle file fish - Chaetodermis pencilligerus

Here is some more pictures - if anyone could do an imdentification I would be glad

file1.jpg

file2.jpg

file3.jpg

file4.jpg

hel-file.jpg
    Sincerely Lasse

3. Lasse

Lasse Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

My wrasses

gylta.jpg

gylta1.jpg

gylta2.jpg
    Sincerely Lasse

4. Lasse

Sometimes - you just got it

Sincerely Lasse

5. Fudsey

Fudsey Jack of all trades R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor NHFS Member

Can almost set your watch to my Melanurus going to bed. Every night at 9:15 he hits the sand ;)

6. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor North Alabama Reef Club

That is a great shot. It's amazing how easily they can work their way into the sand. I've never seen that before.

norfolkgarden, Raege, Jomama and 5 others like this.
  7. Lasse

They are funny and they must have some internal clock. I bought my first yellow wrasse from a LFS that shout down the light at 21:30 in the evening - and around 21:00 every night he/she hit the sand. I bought 4 more - but this LFS normally shout down the light 18:00 - the first time in my aquaria - they hit the sand 17:30

I saw it the other day and I thought that they have the same sleeping spot every night - therefore I film that spot yesterday night. And this is the reason why having an aquaria - always new things too see and catch on film.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  8. Jomama

Jomama Marine fish monthly R2R Supporter

Thanks for sharing, love the fish going into the sand. Can you have more than one in a DT? Thanks

norfolkgarden, Raege, Fudsey and 3 others like this.
  9. Lasse

I have 4 yellow wrasses and one Melanurus - they all have different sleeping times and also different wake up times in the morning.

Sincerely Lasse

10. Lasse

@najer Do you think my file fish is a tassle file fish or the common one?

Sincerely Lasse

11. najer

najer Valuable Member

I have
    I have been thinking about it, it is the colour and shape of a common / aip eating, the hairs are odd!
    I will try and get a pic of mine later, it lives in the cube end mostly so that is easier said than done. ;)

12. Mortie31

Mortie31 Valuable Member R2R Supporter UK Reef Club Member Build Thread Contributor

This is why having a reef tank is so worth it.... it’s the little things that are important and make you smile, I’ve just got a new red/black cucumber and it fascinates me... as always thankyou Lasse

Hemmdog, yap, norfolkgarden and 7 others like this.
  13. Lasse

It is the smallest I have seen - maybe it is a question of size. But it has not shown any interest in my aiptasia - but the ones in the fuge (where he/she was for 2 weeks) disapaer.

Sincerely Lasse

Hemmdog, mta_morrow, Raege and 2 others like this.
  14. Lasse

Today - I prepared my aquaria for my comming trip to the south of Europa. Going by buss and train to Hungary for visiting an old friend of mine. Leave on Thursday - first to Skåne and further south on Friday.

I had some newcomers in my fuge and they was released into my DT without any problems.

new-1.jpg

new4.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Tristren, yap, najer and 12 others like this.
  15. Lasse

najer, Hemmdog, crusso1993 and 7 others like this.
  16. Lowell Lemon

Lowell Lemon Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

Safe travels Lasse and hope your visit is epic as the young ones say! Love the additions to your system.

Raege, Hemmdog, crusso1993 and 4 others like this.
  17. Lasse

Thank you - yes I´m glad for the Koumansetta hectori - it has been on my bucketlist for a long time. But it is a difficult fish to keep alive. These - I got now - have been in another aqiaria for a couple of years and I decided to test again. We will see if it works out. I slowly extend my school of Zoramia leptacantha I want a large school of them and later take away the other cardinals.

Sincerely Lasse

Raege, Hemmdog, crusso1993 and 4 others like this.
  18. Lasse

New video

Sincerely Lasse

19. Fudsey

Fudsey Jack of all trades R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor NHFS Member

Looking good @Lasse ! ! !

20. Lasse

Thank´s

Sincerely Lasse

Draft saved Draft deleted