Lasses Dream Build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by Lasse, Apr 26, 2016.

1. ksed

ksed Well-Known Member

Any natural methods for RTN/STN?

Raege, norfolkgarden and Jomama like this.

2. Lasse

Lasse Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Not some that I have tested - but I think that a stable tank with well-established microbial diversity will work against some type of STN at least. RTN is another question. But I think that we take symptoms and make them to diseases. I have some corals that I for sure have some type of ultra-slow tissue necrose, but I can´t not single out a reason. Probably – there is something that’s put them under stress, or some special nutrients is lacking. On the other hand – in other aquaria I have had corals that slowly, very slowly get smaller and smaller but in my present aquaria grow like pests. My experiences with STN is that the real trigger for it can be of different sources but a combination of chemical factors and monocultures of microorganisms will make it worse. In any of my earlier tanks – I have seen brown yellow disease among my euphyllia – still not seen it in my present tank. I have noted one interesting thing with one type of euphyllia – I have a large colony at one place – it grows very well – I took some good-looking heads from it and placed 15 cm apart from the main colony. For around half a year – this new colony get smaller and smaller and is gone today – no real clue why.

Sincerely Lasse

Raege, Brew12, norfolkgarden and 6 others like this.
  3. neoGeorge

neoGeorge Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

The clams are beautiful! The photos did trigger a flash back of the movie Little Shop of Horrors (Rick Moranis version) :D

Jomama, Raege, norfolkgarden and 3 others like this.
  4. neoGeorge

neoGeorge Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Fascinating - well done!

Jomama, Raege, ksed and 4 others like this.
  5. Lasse

Lasse Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

New video of my upside down goby- I know that´s at least still 2 of them

Sincerely Lasse

6. Greneis

Greneis Member

I have been reading your thread over the last week or so. You can see how much love and energy you put into your tank. It is exquisite! What is the name of the fish on the left of the first video post? I see it in most of your videos, but I cannot identify it. Red/blue/yellow/spotted.

7. Jomama

Jomama Marine fish monthly R2R Supporter

I heard raw egg does wonders. Just saying

Raege, Lasse and norfolkgarden like this.
  8. Lasse

Thank you - Is this the one you asked for?

Why not - rich in amino acids and protein - but your skimmer will work a lot.

Sincerely Lasse

Greneis, Raege, Jomama and 3 others like this.
  9. Lasse

Now - my aquarium has been running for 35 months - and I´m still rather pleased with how it has developed. I have some aiptasia and I got an Acreichthys tomentosus but he/she liked a lot more too. Now there is a new and very small individual of this species in my refugium waiting for my DT.

But it is the end of the month - and it is time for a new video

Sincerely Lasse

10. Raege

Raege Smart enough to know what I don’t know R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

@Lasse love your videos your tank is beautiful love the motion and and flow very relaxing to watch

11. saf1

saf1 Valuable Member R2R Supporter

@Lasse great work as always. Looks super awesome!

12. ksed

ksed Well-Known Member

Looking great Lasse!

13. norfolkgarden

norfolkgarden Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019

Looks beautiful as always.

I am still trying to figure out your powerheads and powerhead cycle. :) Watching the flow start and stop quickly.

14. Greneis

Greneis Member

15. Lasse

Thank you all

The cycle is around 0.7 sec. I use two Jebao RW/PP 8 and two of their AQLink S1 WiFi Jebao Adapter. This adapter is one of the best control devices I have test. I have the possibility to use my Profilux P4 but these controllers give me the possibility to change mode on a daily schedule. It means that I can run wavemaker flow, constant flow, reef mode flow, mixed mode flow and some more during the day. I can also vary the intensity of the flow. Different aquariums need different time cycles – you have to test out which will give the best. These pumps is hidden in the Back to Nature modules – you can´t see them but I can change them out if I need. In three years – I have changed out 1 on each position - I think it's a reasonable shelf life, given the short cycles I use and that I have not clean them periodically. I use Jebao or Coral Box pumps all over. Of the normal type (not wavemakers) I have not change any one during this three year (for some of them) However – I have always new spare pumps at home.

Sincerely Lasse

16. Marco S

Marco S Always Learning R2R Supporter AZ FRAG Member Build Thread Contributor

I started out reading the article you posted a link to in another thread about "The Lasse Method", (Great article by the way) and 4 hours later I just finished this build thread. :)

What an amazing journey! Not only is your tank incredible, but the pictures you have posted are really top notch. All your experience really shows and your results speak for themselves. Great thread!

najer, crusso1993, Tristren and 6 others like this.
  17. MnFish1

MnFish1 Valuable Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

For a swede he is great:):):):):):):):).

norfolkgarden, Hemmdog, najer and 6 others like this.
  18. Lasse

Det svetter å si det :)

Sincerely Lasse

Raege, norfolkgarden, Hemmdog and 2 others like this.
  19. Lasse

Thank you very much.

Sincerely Lasse

Raege, norfolkgarden and Hemmdog like this.
  20. Lasse

New videao - nearly 3 years since start of the aquarium

Sincerely Lasse

Tristren, Raege, saf1 and 12 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted