OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics, I love my tassle file fish, a proper community fish. :)

I bought this as Acreichthys tomentosus and it is from TMC - but I´m nor sure - it is rather small 3 - 4 cm but it looks like it have tasslers like the tassle file fish - Chaetodermis pencilligerus

Here is some more pictures - if anyone could do an imdentification I would be glad

file1.jpg

file2.jpg

file3.jpg

file4.jpg

hel-file.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes - you just got it

Sincerely Lasse

That is a great shot. It's amazing how easily they can work their way into the sand. I've never seen that before.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can almost set your watch to my Melanurus going to bed. Every night at 9:15 he hits the sand ;)

They are funny and they must have some internal clock. I bought my first yellow wrasse from a LFS that shout down the light at 21:30 in the evening - and around 21:00 every night he/she hit the sand. I bought 4 more - but this LFS normally shout down the light 18:00 - the first time in my aquaria - they hit the sand 17:30

That is a great shot. It's amazing how easily they can work their way into the sand. I've never seen that before.

I saw it the other day and I thought that they have the same sleeping spot every night - therefore I film that spot yesterday night. And this is the reason why having an aquaria - always new things too see and catch on film.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have
@najer Do you think my file fish is a tassle file fish or the common one?

Sincerely Lasse

I have been thinking about it, it is the colour and shape of a common / aip eating, the hairs are odd!
I will try and get a pic of mine later, it lives in the cube end mostly so that is easier said than done. ;)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes - you just got it

Sincerely Lasse

This is why having a reef tank is so worth it.... it’s the little things that are important and make you smile, I’ve just got a new red/black cucumber and it fascinates me... as always thankyou Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have

I have been thinking about it, it is the colour and shape of a common / aip eating, the hairs are odd!
I will try and get a pic of mine later, it lives in the cube end mostly so that is easier said than done. ;)

It is the smallest I have seen - maybe it is a question of size. But it has not shown any interest in my aiptasia - but the ones in the fuge (where he/she was for 2 weeks) disapaer.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today - I prepared my aquaria for my comming trip to the south of Europa. Going by buss and train to Hungary for visiting an old friend of mine. Leave on Thursday - first to Skåne and further south on Friday.

I had some newcomers in my fuge and they was released into my DT without any problems.

new-1.jpg

new4.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Safe travels Lasse and hope your visit is epic as the young ones say! Love the additions to your system.

Thank you - yes I´m glad for the Koumansetta hectori - it has been on my bucketlist for a long time. But it is a difficult fish to keep alive. These - I got now - have been in another aqiaria for a couple of years and I decided to test again. We will see if it works out. I slowly extend my school of Zoramia leptacantha I want a large school of them and later take away the other cardinals.

Sincerely Lasse

Back