OP
tnyr5

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not cheap but not rainbow splice price range either.
I have been neglecting this thread since I got my D5300!
It really is an awesome thing when it's fully colored. This pic is under Radions manually turned to the 10,000K setting
DSC_0093-2.jpg

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a "high-end vendor" style pic, just to be silly lol.
20191221_033526_edited.jpeg
Just curious, what were the steps for this? I've not been able to properly figure out the inky background

OP
OP
tnyr5

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tnyr5 shoot me a pm if your up for selling or trading some frags in a few months. Literally no one down here has any acropora with thick branches. Shoot even the staghorns in most tanks look like twigs (kidding but some do have some thin long branching corals).
Well...I guess if you had no choice but to come to PA (you poor thing).

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Often we (well the wife mostly) will drive anywhere on the right side of the us basically within a 12 hour drive from dc to deliver our kittens. I didn’t think to make a stop for any frags until now though. I have been a huge lover of nubby acros for a while now but didn’t get many for this tank. Honestly mostly because I have not seen many wild or mariculture ones in the past few years and the ones I did see did not look like they were worth the risk. I will send you a pm next time we are out that way.

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updated pics? I'm looking for a frag, but not quite ready to drive the three hours, nor am I willing to pay for shipping for one frag :p

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some on ARC's website right now.
Dude those frags are dirt cheap, why are they like that? I figured theyd be at least $200 per inch

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the frag is a 1/2” frag then that’s about right. Looks like a small piece to me. Either way I hope others have good success with it. And on the topic of arc, I have to say I love arc’s proximo acro I am surprised I don’t see it often.

OP
OP
tnyr5

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say, Randy uses big frag plugs that make his frags seem smaller than they are sometimes. Back when my colony was young, the I-don't-want-to-frag-it price was $400. Nowadays, it's cheaper.

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kudos man, I appreciate that, even if it isn't a super large frag. What would you say are the mins for par on this piece? And also, I know the polyps lose some red after being fragged, do they recover?

OP
OP
tnyr5

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kudos man, I appreciate that, even if it isn't a super large frag. What would you say are the mins for par on this piece? And also, I know the polyps lose some red after being fragged, do they recover?
Unless you are running low nutrients in the extreme (and I don't recommend that for this piece), I wouldn't grow it in less than 500 par. With the nutrients to back it up, I've grown it as bright as 1500 (totally unnecessary lol). The red polyps recover in a few months after fragging. I've kept the frags from browning out by giving them at least 800 par, but that's tough for retailers to do.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea I forgot about your lights, was that all of them at 100% or did you dial them all back and still get that much par? I love the idea to use extra fixtures and angle them.

Back