AlexChef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gal Long Tank which I’m currently running 2 arctic t-247s on however I’m giving one to my refuge And one to my fathers regfuge so I’m looking at lights, ideally I would go wih a 48” Kessil but I’m looking to spend more around 400$ I was looking at the Current IC pro dual but was also wondering what everyone else’s uses, this is my first true reef tank and I don’t have much knowledge on lighting, ideally I’d like to keep lPS and SPS. Thanks for the suggestions!

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use GHL Mitras. They are however more expensive than your allocated budget.

Scotty Buttons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a current marine pro, smaller model and not the duel, it's a nice light and i like how programmable it is. my only complaint was that it doesn't work very well on deep tanks the PAR readings towards the bottom aren't very high. That fixture would probably work well with LPS and softies though.

skiergd011013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have 3 aquaillumination hydras over our 245 gallon reef at work. Don't like them at all. We spent 1800.00 on them, they suffered breakdowns (power supply failures) after only a year or so of use. I contacted the company, and hoped they would send new power supplies. they would not. I asked them why my $80.00 chinese black box led fixture on another tank was out performing their 600.00 lights, and they had no answer. I just cannot get a look that im happy with using led. After new years we are switching to an ati t5 fixture. This is just my experience. Good luck with your decision.

Myk

Aquatic Creations www.ReefDelivery.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would likely get a better light for your budget by going with T5 instead. I know that's not what you are looking for, but it is worth taking a look at.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SBreeflight. Bbs

You could even use a couple of the 48in S bars and stay inside the budget.

I belive they give 400 par at 12in.

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would keep the arctic t-247s over your tank and get different lights for your refugium. The arctics will be better than the current IC pro.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back