LED lighting for 12 gal JBJ ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter micromount
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

micromount

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
132
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally had planned on ordering Nano-Customs LED + T5 hybrid light for my JBJ 12 gal. that contains only Zoas & Palys.
With their demise I will probably have to go with a LED only setup.
If hood is kept on, can Cree's be used or will they be too close to the tank? or go with strip lights?(Probably have to be a DIY set-up.)

If I use a hangover type I am looking at:
​
(1.) Slimline LED from Sunbrite LED
​
(2)AI Nano LED
​
also waiting to see the new JBJ Unibody LED light

Thanks for help & suggestions
 
I have seen people use ecoxotic panorama pro's retro'd into AIO tanks. Have you considered going this route? Looks like the JBJ "Reshore" fixture won't be out until the middle of this month.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new