LED Placement

OCDiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys still kind of new to the hobby. I'm running a 29 biocube with evolution 14k LED. I believe its 100 watts. How far from the top should it be mounted? Right now its about 8-10 inches...my SPS's are starting to lose thier color (not bleaching. Depth of a biocube is about 18-20 inch.

Thanks,

Corey

Onedesign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what did you have over it prior to the LEDs and where are the majority of the SPS? mid, high, low? My personal experience is that you need a much more blue spectrum with LEDs....but thats just my experience. How blue? who knows but the more blue and less white I go the better my SPS are....I don't own a spectrometer.....

OP
OP
O

OCDiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running CF's which are terrible. I have 50/50 blue/white. My SPS's are located mid. I appreciate you replying to me.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure they are not bleaching? That sounds like a big change in lighting. Can you dim the evolutions?

CJ

westreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is bleaching. You have to be very careful with LED. I have bleached several and a few died. Lower your coral or dim the LED.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 47 43.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 50 46.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back