LED setup?

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was thinkin about upgrading my 28g nano from MH to LED hood. but obviously wanted to know if anyone recently switched over and what their experiences are with the LED set up.

im housing a clam, 2 bta, couple sps, some lps, and alot of soft corals.. as far as i know nems and clams definitely need the MH....

any info helps =]

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LED's will be fine they can keep anything a MH can just a diffrent light. They also run a bazzilion dagrees cooler.

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have seen better growth on my 100 gallon display which is 48x24x20 with my evolution leds i have the 120w versions. I am sps heavy
this photo was taken in nov.
2czsio1.jpg

now these have probably doubled in size i feel that it is a good upgrade i also have two maxima clams in the tank that are doing great.

OP
OP
jiffy

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great!!! thats what i wanted to hear.
by the way nice pic =]

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah the reefkoi leds do a pretty good job i was more of a 14k type of look i used to run phoenix bulbs supplement by a couple of aqua blue t5s so this was a big change for me. But after a few months and a ton of growth i have learned to like it I will try and some photos of it now.

Last edited:

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10ws0nd.jpg

i cant get all my colors the blue kind of over power everything but none the less you can see the growth things have been growing leaps and bounds. As or dosing i know you would be wondering I dos brs two part once a day and i just started feeding reefleds food so we will see how those go..

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank, but with that last picture all i can look at is the tank and GPS because its so bright.

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank, but with that last picture all i can look at is the tank and GPS because its so bright.

yeah i know what you mean I will try and get some better photos the leds are so hard to take photos of your stuff all it does is take the bright colors and really saturates them. Poor lens is probably blind. I will bust out the tri pod tomorrow and try and get some better shots i really suck at aquarium photography but it does show leds can be successful

OP
OP
jiffy

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so now im really thinking about upgrading to the new hood, im lookin for a good price on a good setup... im trying to break even by selling off my old setup, panorama 12w, 12" powerbrite LED, and 150w MH..

eldiablosrt8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jiffy

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back