Leds scare me!

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try and get a dimmable option. With the dimmable kit you will be able to slowly acclimate your coral so that they do NOT bleach. When you add a light that is stronger to a tank and you do not acclimate the coral properly you will end up bleaching them, especially SPS. Always remember to acclimate them slowly over a few weeks period of time.

Tradewinds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i latly saw 2 people that said about how leds can be too powerful and blesach corals and kill them. So is this kit im getting too powerful? Solderless Coralife Biocube 29 Retrofit Kit (non-dimmable) - Rapid LED :mad2:

Switching lighting types can adversely affect corals regardless of the lighting type, but if proper care is taken no coral damage should occur. Like most things in this hobby, you want the change to occur slowly. Since the lights are not dimmable, you may need to raise the lights higher than normal and then gradually lower them over several weeks.

Have you already purchased the lights?

Last edited:

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out reef radiance, he has some good fixtures. I use the dm132e and only use the blue spectrum because its too much light if I use both lol. Check them out they are pretty cheap too.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back