Leopard wrasse on to add?

Keithb22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so I have a 30 gallon frag tank with about 10 pounds of live rock and reef racks. For fish I’ve slowly added 3, starting off with a saddleback clown, then the 6 line. They have been fine and each have they’re own area in the tank. Not to long ago I added a orchid dotty, it is smaller than the other two and when I picked it out it was from a tank with a six line and clarkii and was not exhibiting any aggression. So far everyone is just figuring out their place but it seems like it’s going well. I have always wanted a leopard wrasse and after getting this guy, my lfs got one in. I do have a bare bottom but they said I could put a cup of sand in as they have success with their wrasses this way. With having to supplement the sand for when it sleeps and the current trip I have in the tank already, would this fish be able to thrive? Any help is very much appreciated

PhilSD211

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't. Leopard wrasses are going to get bullied. and most leopard wrasses, unless established, won't eat anything but pods or maybe live brine shrimp.

OP
OP
Keithb22

Keithb22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that’s what I was thinking, I figured they’d probably prefer more than a cup of sand as well. Darn, at least i held off on getting it. Thank you for the help!

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the tank is not large enough and the sixline presents an incompatibility issue. Best to skip a leopard.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the tank is not large enough and the sixline presents an incompatibility issue. Best to skip a leopard.

Agreed. Leopards need a 4 foot long tank at least IMHO and pairing one with an established 6 line is a recipe for disaster.

OP
OP
Keithb22

Keithb22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@evolved @Jesterrace
Both of you are highly appreciated, I have read that the leopards are very particular and wanted to get some actual advice from those w experience before anything else. Very glad I did.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back