Lets GO Pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or Golic for that matter. The only blessing is that it'd be sudden pain and then done for that swipe...but still. My tattoo hurt, but I think I'd much rather have that than a waxing :)

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't trade Pavel Datsyuk for Ovechkin and Crosby. Crosby is a little crybaby and Ovechkin is a showboat. He can play. I will give him that, but Datsyuk is far better defensively and close offensively. (The Red Wings don't usually have single players with a ton of points because they play as a team and everyone gets points.) Crosby simply isn't in the same class with either of them. I could list 15-20 players that I would rather have on my team over Crosby.

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the reason people see crosby as a crybaby is he is the poster child of the NHL so any time a penalty gets call for his favor its not that he is a great player and worked hard for its because he is a crybaby and poor #71 he has the most points this year and still no one talks about him.

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets just say the new NHL is crap, nothing good has happened since the lockout, now they want to get rid of staged fighting.....

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't trade Pavel Datsyuk for Ovechkin and Crosby. Crosby is a little crybaby and Ovechkin is a showboat. He can play. I will give him that, but Datsyuk is far better defensively and close offensively. (The Red Wings don't usually have single players with a ton of points because they play as a team and everyone gets points.) Crosby simply isn't in the same class with either of them. I could list 15-20 players that I would rather have on my team over Crosby.

To say "Crosby simply isn't in the same class with either of them" shows you don't know what your talking about and just spouting some twisted Michigan logic. Datsyuk is a great defensive offensive player but not a "great" offensive player. It took him 4 years to even become a factor in this league. Crosby and Ovechkin have both had over 100 pts in 3 of their 4 years in the league. Lets face it, Crosby deals with more crap than anyone else in the league because like vr697getta said he is a target and got too much hype. You can take those 15-20 players you would rather have on your team and that team would not make the playoffs most likely. There is only one knock I have on Crosby and that is he doesn't shoot enough. Why do you think this will be the most highly watched series, even more than the cup final. It is because Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin. Not because of Datsyuk or any of the 15-20 YOU would rather have.

Crosby is just getting started:

• First rookie to record 100 points and 100 penalty minutes in a season
  • Youngest player in NHL history to record 100 points in a season
  • Youngest player in NHL history to record 200 career points (19 years and 207 days)
  • Youngest player in NHL history to have 2 consecutive 100 point seasons.
  • Youngest player to be voted to the NHL All-Star Game
  • Youngest player in NHL history to win the Art Ross Trophy
  • Youngest player in NHL history to win the Lester B. Pearson Award
  • Youngest player in NHL history to be named to the First All-Star Team
  • Youngest player in NHL history to be named a full team captain

Last edited:

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking @ a road trip up there for game 3 w/my boss..................

Caps.jpg

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:wink:The Wings are much deeper than the Pens. After Malkin and Crosby there is a HUGE drop-off. Datsyuk has spent his career on a TEAM where no one player carries the load. This is quite apparent when you look at Yzerman's #s for the last ten years of his career. The guy put up 160 points early in his career and didn't break 100 in the last ten. Datsyuk spent the first four years of his career on a team with Yzerman, Hull, Shanahan, Robitae, and many others. He averaged 7-10 minutes a game. He still plays far fewer minutes than Crosby or Ovechkin because the Wings have 3 strong scoring lines. Datsyuk put up 97 points with a +34 +/-. Crosby put up 103 points with a +3 +/-. LOL Like I said I could name 15-20 players that I would much rather have on my team over Crosby. His individual stats mean nothing. As long as the Pens have him on their team they likely will not win a cup. They burn their salary cap in order to keep a player that doesn't earn the money. They will never be deep enough to win it and Crosby is too selfish of a player to lead his team to a championship. If the Pens make it to the finals whoever comes out of the west will send them back home empty handed. Oh yeah, Datsyuk has 2 Stanley Cup rings. How many does Sid the Kid have? Oh and sorry if my tongue in cheek playoff ribbing doesn't translate in my typing....:wink:

To say "Crosby simply isn't in the same class with either of them" shows you don't know what your talking about and just spouting some twisted Michigan logic. Datsyuk is a great defensive offensive player but not a "great" offensive player. It took him 4 years to even become a factor in this league. Crosby and Ovechkin have both had over 100 pts in 3 of their 4 years in the league. Lets face it, Crosby deals with more crap than anyone else in the league because like vr697getta said he is a target and got too much hype. You can take those 15-20 players you would rather have on your team and that team would not make the playoffs most likely. There is only one knock I have on Crosby and that is he doesn't shoot enough. Why do you think this will be the most highly watched series, even more than the cup final. It is because Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin. Not because of Datsyuk or any of the 15-20 YOU would rather have.

Crosby is just getting started:

• First rookie to record 100 points and 100 penalty minutes in a season
  • Youngest player in NHL history to record 100 points in a season
  • Youngest player in NHL history to record 200 career points (19 years and 207 days)
  • Youngest player in NHL history to have 2 consecutive 100 point seasons.
  • Youngest player to be voted to the NHL All-Star Game
  • Youngest player in NHL history to win the Art Ross Trophy
  • Youngest player in NHL history to win the Lester B. Pearson Award
  • Youngest player in NHL history to be named to the First All-Star Team
  • Youngest player in NHL history to be named a full team captain

Last edited:

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or it's because he is a crybaby. :bigsmile:

the reason people see crosby as a crybaby is he is the poster child of the NHL so any time a penalty gets call for his favor its not that he is a great player and worked hard for its because he is a crybaby and poor #71 he has the most points this year and still no one talks about him.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Crosby is too selfish of a player to lead his team to a championship." I guess that's why he had more assists than goals. Like I said my only knock on him as that he needs to shoot more.

rick van vladricken

spsman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ovechkin is garbage i will take crosby any day and he is a way better all around player. yeah how far has Ovechkin gone in the playoffs no where they almost lost to a 7th team. they blew it last year to the flyers. bring it on
you don`t no what your talking about ovechkin is the best player in the game by far.

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is the money. He will keep taking a higher percentage of cap because he is "Sid the Kid" and Gary Bettman wants to make him the face of the NHL even if he isn't even close to being the best player. I doubt you will ever see the day that he takes a pay cut so that the team can win. (The Wings have had many players do this over the years) I don't deny that he is a good player (although a bit whiney). He is just not even close to the best player. There is a HUGE gap between him and Malkin, Datsyuk, and Ovechkin along with a host of others. Defensively he is a liability. Your best players need to be on the ice in the most critical points of a game. Datsyuk kills penalties, plays on the power play, hits, cosistently plays against the best players on the opponents team, leads the league in takeaways, and still has time to put up nearly a hundred points a season with a plus 34 rating. Crosby puts up 100 points and is a plus 3. In other words he is a defensive liability. I would rather have a 100 point Selke winner and numerous Stanley Cups than big individual offensive stats anyday. Crosby has talent. Maybe when he becomes "Sid the Man" he will win a cup. I am betting he will be another Eric Lindros.

"Crosby is too selfish of a player to lead his team to a championship." I guess that's why he had more assists than goals. Like I said my only knock on him as that he needs to shoot more.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will have to agree to disagree because some of the statements your making are just your opinion and not based in fact at all. When you say "The problem is the money. He will keep taking a higher percentage of cap because he is "Sid the Kid"" but then when he signed his contract extension before his entry level deal expired this is what the sports writers said about it:

"The Crosby contract, which will go into effect after his entry-level deal expires following this season, was all about providing the Penguins with long-term salary-cap flexibility to surround him with talented teammates. "

"Under terms of the collective bargaining agreement, Crosby could have held up the Penguins for an annual payment of $10.06 million, or 20 percent of this season's $50,300,000 salary cap."

Oh and if I do recall correctly, they called Gretsky a "whiner" early on also.

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering Zetterberg (Conn Smythe winner) signed for $6.08 million a year (against the cap) and Datsyuk (Selke winner) signed for $6.5 million a year (against the cap) Considering both of these players are better than Crosby and playing for less money, I am not sure it's all just my opinion. Crosby is costing the Pens $8.7 million a year (against the cap). Malkin's deal equaled Crosby's. So you have 2 players consuming $17.4 million of cap room vs $12.58 million. That leaves the Wings another almost $5 million of cap space and two players that are both better than Crosby. Malkin is an awsome player but he certainly isn't worth $2.2 million more than Datsyuk. It's no wonder the Wings have the longest playoff streak in pro sports at 18 consecutive years with 4 cups in the last 12 years.:bigsmile:

We will have to agree to disagree because some of the statements your making are just your opinion and not based in fact at all. When you say "The problem is the money. He will keep taking a higher percentage of cap because he is "Sid the Kid"" but then when he signed his contract extension before his entry level deal expired this is what the sports writers said about it:

"The Crosby contract, which will go into effect after his entry-level deal expires following this season, was all about providing the Penguins with long-term salary-cap flexibility to surround him with talented teammates. "

"Under terms of the collective bargaining agreement, Crosby could have held up the Penguins for an annual payment of $10.06 million, or 20 percent of this season's $50,300,000 salary cap."

Oh and if I do recall correctly, they called Gretsky a "whiner" early on also.

bheld1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone, just except that the Wings are going to win it again this year...they are the best team in the league and have been for quite some time :)

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And will be for quite some time as well.:bigsmile: GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone, just except that the Wings are going to win it again this year...they are the best team in the league and have been for quite some time :)

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to learn your words..... you fail......try again..... With fans like you, its amazing they know what side of the ice to play on.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering Zetterberg (Conn Smythe winner) signed for $6.08 million a year (against the cap) and Datsyuk (Selke winner) signed for $6.5 million a year (against the cap) Considering both of these players are better than Crosby and playing for less money, I am not sure it's all just my opinion. Crosby is costing the Pens $8.7 million a year (against the cap). Malkin's deal equaled Crosby's. So you have 2 players consuming $17.4 million of cap room vs $12.58 million. That leaves the Wings another almost $5 million of cap space and two players that are both better than Crosby. Malkin is an awsome player but he certainly isn't worth $2.2 million more than Datsyuk. It's no wonder the Wings have the longest playoff streak in pro sports at 18 consecutive years with 4 cups in the last 12 years.:bigsmile:

"Considering both of these players are better than Crosby"
"Malkin is an awsome player but he certainly isn't worth $2.2 million more than Datsyuk."

Again, kinda like arguing with a drunk person at the bar. When he starts off with a premise like up is down and down is up, there is no point to argue. You just shake your head and tell him to have another beer and sleep it off. :tongue:

Hell Malkin won the scoring title this year. If he won the Hart trophy also, you would still sit here and say they where worlds apart.

"Considering both of these players are better than Crosby and playing for less money, I am not sure it's all just my opinion."

This is my point. You make this statement like it's fact. This is where I don't agree. So we will just go round and round. I understand you see things through glasses that are tinted red.....:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back