Lighting for a 54 Corner Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scuba Mike
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Scuba Mike

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
48
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am setting up a 54gal corner tank. The tank is 24" on each side and then a quarter circle curved front and 24" tall. There are 4 T5 bulbs in there now and I want to add LED.

Would one Kessill 360x provide adequate light and spread?

The previous owner had to 2 360w's in there but I am thinking he must had then turned way down. Seems like a lot of light. It will be mixed but as this is our 3rd tank hoping to move towards the easier SPS corals.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
 
Hello,

I am setting up a 54gal corner tank. The tank is 24" on each side and then a quarter circle curved front and 24" tall. There are 4 T5 bulbs in there now and I want to add LED.

Would one Kessill 360x provide adequate light and spread?

The previous owner had to 2 360w's in there but I am thinking he must had then turned way down. Seems like a lot of light. It will be mixed but as this is our 3rd tank hoping to move towards the easier SPS corals.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
I think the T5s will be plenty of light. I would buy some cheap chinese strip leds to make colors pop. That is all you need
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new