TheoScapes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Please help.

I have a 30 gallon (60cm long x 40cm wide x 50cm high) tank and the lights available for me to purchase are:

1. Noopsyche K7 Mini (it is cheap enough to buy 2 of these instead of any of the others below)
2. Noopsyche K7 Pro 3 V 3
3. Seatorch LM25 150W
4. Thor X 120W
5. Aqua Knight M029 (cheapest on the list but it doesn't have ramp-up/ down functions or wifi/app)

I'm leaning towards buying either 2 x K7 mini's or 1 x K7 Pro 3. I'm just worried about the 2 mini's overlapping to much on a 60cm tank and end up being too strong... Do you think I could get away with 1 x K7 mini on a 60cm?

Otherwise I'll go with the M029 until I've saved up enough to afford a Hydra or Radion.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Happy reefing and best regards,

T

jonothetigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following as I have a two foot ube and need new lights to
It's bit of a mine field
If you have two over lap could you not dim them ?

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, it is better to have several smaller lights than one large one. In case one light fails you still have another one or two to keep the corals from getting upset.

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do a single Smatfarm G5 (about half the cost of the Noops). That's what I'm running on my 3ft 30g and the lowest par I get at the ends of the tanks is around 90, with the center foot being around 290.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Please help.

I have a 30 gallon (60cm long x 40cm wide x 50cm high) tank and the lights available for me to purchase are:

1. Noopsyche K7 Mini (it is cheap enough to buy 2 of these instead of any of the others below)
2. Noopsyche K7 Pro 3 V 3
3. Seatorch LM25 150W
4. Thor X 120W
5. Aqua Knight M029 (cheapest on the list but it doesn't have ramp-up/ down functions or wifi/app)

I'm leaning towards buying either 2 x K7 mini's or 1 x K7 Pro 3. I'm just worried about the 2 mini's overlapping to much on a 60cm tank and end up being too strong... Do you think I could get away with 1 x K7 mini on a 60cm?

Otherwise I'll go with the M029 until I've saved up enough to afford a Hydra or Radion.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Happy reefing and best regards,

T
Here is advice .

1 ledzeal.com mirage x200 superblue. Run a peak output per channel at about 20%.

Or 4 popbloom reef bars from ebay. A mix of the full spectrum and blue heavy, run on wifi plugs so you can stagger them making a rough sunrise to sunset.

These 2 options should cost less then the others and give you plenty of light for any type of reef you plan

These may not be what the usual radion,kessil,ect crowd push but they are highly effective and cost saving for livestock purchases!

OP
OP
TheoScapes

TheoScapes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do a single Smatfarm G5 (about half the cost of the Noops). That's what I'm running on my 3ft 30g and the lowest par I get at the ends of the tanks is around 90, with the center foot being around 290.
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it in Vietnam, but will definitely try to find out and let you know. Thanks again!

OP
OP
TheoScapes

TheoScapes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is advice .

1 ledzeal.com mirage x200 superblue. Run a peak output per channel at about 20%.

Or 4 popbloom reef bars from ebay. A mix of the full spectrum and blue heavy, run on wifi plugs so you can stagger them making a rough sunrise to sunset.

These 2 options should cost less then the others and give you plenty of light for any type of reef you plan

These may not be what the usual radion,kessil,ect crowd push but they are highly effective and cost saving for livestock purchases!
Awesome. Thanks! I'll have a look. I'm trying to balance cost v ease of use v functionality so I'll def check it out!

OP
OP
TheoScapes

TheoScapes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ledzeal has a wifi app. 4 channel control.
I just looked it up and seems like exactly what I need, but unfortunately it isnt available where I live and shipping isn't an option (import control will "tax" me so much it wont be worth it). I'll do some further digging. Maybe I can find it elsewhere.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Noopschyche offers fantastic shimmer and penetration.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked it up and seems like exactly what I need, but unfortunately it isnt available where I live and shipping isn't an option (import control will "tax" me so much it wont be worth it). I'll do some further digging. Maybe I can find it elsewhere.
Interesting, as I know they have the manufacturer in either Taiwan or mainland China, and at least 1 distributor in Australia and 1 in Europe. I dont know what the shipping & import stuff would run but I deal with kevin at [email protected] . He will give you the full cost breakdown for light,shipping and taxes to your home. They use DHL, I assume they operate in Vietnam as well?

OP
OP
TheoScapes

TheoScapes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, as I know they have the manufacturer in either Taiwan or mainland China, and at least 1 distributor in Australia and 1 in Europe. I dont know what the shipping & import stuff would run but I deal with kevin at [email protected] . He will give you the full cost breakdown for light,shipping and taxes to your home. They use DHL, I assume they operate in Vietnam as well?
Oh great stuff- I'll shoot Kevin an email and see if we can figure something out as we do indeed have DHL here too. Excellent that's great. I'll keep you posted!

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh great stuff- I'll shoot Kevin an email and see if we can figure something out as we do indeed have DHL here too. Excellent that's great. I'll keep you posted!
Thank you, and please do keep me informed. My good friend and fellow reefer here in Texas is also from Vietnam, and he tells me all the time about the reefs kept there by hobbyists. Be sure to post pics of yours as it comes together.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back